Advertising on jerseys

eddie83

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

Now we're worried about decorum?  Have you seen how we treat each other?  Who are you? And what did you do with Moose?  :)

FWIW - I'm not opposed to it if they don't end up looking like Times Square.  But wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze too...  

There's nothing wrong with a little ball busting on a sports message board.  And I suppose in the long run there's nothing wrong with a Motorola (maybe they should be focusing on making better phones, though) patch on a Padres unofrom other than it's tacky as hell.  

I think it's more expensive than you would think. I knew someone who was looking to get ads on a golfer.  A lot more randomness if your logo gets seen there.

26 players, plus managers. 162 games. And not just our fan base sees it. The fan base of whatever team they're playing also sees it. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There's nothing wrong with a little ball busting on a sports message board.  And I suppose in the long run there's nothing wrong with a Motorola (maybe they should be focusing on making better phones, though) patch on a Padres unofrom other than it's tacky as hell.  

While I agree it looks like Motorola check out the other sleeve.

3 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

I think it's more expensive than you would think. I knew someone who was looking to get ads on a golfer.  A lot more randomness if your logo gets seen there.

26 players, plus managers. 162 games. And not just our fan base sees it. The fan base of whatever team they're playing also sees it. 

Average MLB Stadium naming rights deal is 5.2M.  This has to be less right?

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Not surprised.  

I would prefer if they did not do this, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me.  This is just the way the world is going.

Now, I fully expect the Angeloses to happily pocket all the money they earn from this, and not put any of it back into improving the team.  But again, such is life as an Oriole fan under the Angelos regime. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like it's  "National  Hey,  Let's **** Up A Perfectly Nice MLB Jersey Day."

It's odd that they're announcing these all on the same day.  

This was couple of weeks ago. I recall hearing about Boston and maybe one more team. 

• Upvote 1