Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:
J
Definite chance. Guy can hit, and he’s in a system that can get the most out of him offensively. Some defensive questions give pause, but if he keeps this up on a full-season club at 18, he’ll find his way onto the list.

Pretty incredible to see O's prospects getting the benefit of the doubt just by way of being in identified and developed by the system. Never thought I would see the day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Pretty incredible to see O's prospects getting the benefit of the doubt just by way of being in identified and developed by the system. Never thought I would see the day.

On a side note, I saw Wagner and Fabian hit oppo homers in Aberdeen.  These hitters are being developed.   Fabian was a 100% pull hitter last year.   Some of these guys take a step back before they take two forward. Basallo hits the ball from line to line already at 18.   His strikeout rate is encouraging too.  A little better overall discipline and he could be a monster.  Much more athletic than I originally thought.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

On a side note, I saw Wagner and Fabian hit oppo homers in Aberdeen.  These hitters are being developed.   Fabian was a 100% pull hitter last year.   Some of these guys take a step back before they take two forward. Basallo hits the ball from line to line already at 18.   His strikeout rate is encouraging too.  A little better overall discipline and he could be a monster.  Much more athletic than I originally thought.

Very glad to hear that.

Fabian in particular seems to possess some trait that the front office strongly identified with to the point that they telegraphed their interest in him for two years.

And even more interestingly, Fabian himself seemed have recognized that this organization would do the best job at nurturing his talent. I've wonder if the rest of the MLB was scared off of taking Fabian in 2022 because after 2021 they knew he really wanted to be an Oriole and might legitimately not sign if taken by anyone else.

2-2 with a HR, double, and 4 RBI, currently batting .333. Aberdeen was always the offensive speed bump for our prospects, but Holliday doesn’t seem to be having any problems hitting at this level. 

Edit — now 3-3 with a double, triple, HR, and 6 RBI. The kid is ridiculous. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

2-2 with a HR, double, and 4 RBI, currently batting .333. Aberdeen was always the offensive speed bump for our prospects, but Holliday doesn’t seem to be having any problems hitting at this level. 

Edit — now 3-3 with a double, triple, HR, and 6 RBI. The kid is ridiculous. 

Cycle watch.  Would be nice if MASN would do a live look in.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SG in 2048 before Jackson Holliday’s HOF induction ceremony:

”DrUw JoNeS wAs sTiLl tHe RiGhT pIcK!!!”

No.  He didn’t have a problem with Holliday.  Just switch Cowser for Holliday and Lawlar for Jones and then you’ve got it.   He preferred Jones but didn’t have a problem when they picked Holliday, to the best of my recollection.   BTW, Lawlar is hitting .178 in AA and striking out 30%.   Long way to go.   It’s always foolhardy to make grand pronouncements on draft day.

Starting to feel like Holliday’s bat is advanced, similar to Juan Soto at 19. Generational talent.  To be doing this in Aberdeen, in that offensive environment is really impressive. 

We may see him in Baltimore in the first half of 2024 if he keeps this up. 

Edited by ChuckS