Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

59 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Jackson Hollliday wouldn't be the worst starting player on the team if he was called up to the Orioles right now. That's obviously not the right move for Holliday's development, but this kid is just oozing with talent.

His confidence is palpable.  

51 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I say July. but more likely August.

I’ve he torches A they need to challenge him.  I loved the two BBS after his big HR last night.  The kids in A are gonna stop pitching to him.   I thinks he will be in AA before the first of July the way he’s going.  

Edited by emmett16

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I’ve he torches A they need to challenge him.  I loved the two BBS after his big HR last night.  The kids in A are gonna stop pitching to him.   I thinks he will be in AA before the first of July the way he’s going.  

Cowser got out of Aberdeen after 63 games of .795 OPS.

Westburg got out of Aberdeen after 62 games of .858 OPS.

Henderson got out of Aberdeen after 65 games of .775 OPS.

Mayo got out of Aberdeen after 68 games of .821 OPS.

Norby got out of Aberdeen after 49 games of .736 OPS (he missed a couple of weeks with an injury while there.

Stowers got out of Aberdeen after 36 games of .900 OPS.

Prieto got out of Aberdeen after 25 games of 1.000 OPS.

Holliday now has 12 games of .978 OPS. He’s younger than any of the players listed above, so I think the O’s will resist the temptation to move him as fast as, say, Stowers or Prieto, even if he continues to perform comparably to them, as he’s done to date.  But I don’t see how they can justify keeping him there more than about two months from when he got to Aberdeen, if he continues to outperform most of the other players listed above.  So, I’m guessing he moves up no later than July 4, unless he nosedives from here, which seems unlikely.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Cowser got out of Aberdeen after 63 games of .795 OPS.

Westburg got out of Aberdeen after 62 games of .858 OPS.

Henderson got out of Aberdeen after 65 games of .775 OPS.

Mayo got out of Aberdeen after 68 games of .821 OPS.

Norby got out of Aberdeen after 49 games of .736 OPS (he missed a couple of weeks with an injury while there.

Stowers got out of Aberdeen after 36 games of .900 OPS.

Prieto got out of Aberdeen after 25 games of 1.000 OPS.

Holliday now has 12 games of .978 OPS. He’s younger than any of the players listed above, so I think the O’s will resist the temptation to move him as fast as, say, Stowers or Prieto, even if he continues to perform comparably to them, as he’s done to date.  But I don’t see how they can justify keeping him there more than about two months from when he got to Aberdeen, if he continues to outperform most of the other players listed above.  So, I’m guessing he moves up no later than July 4, unless he nosedives from here, which seems unlikely.  

That was right around the date I had circled, 7/1, assuming he stays hot.  It’s really a marvel to see how comfortable he is and the success he’s having. 

I tend to agree that they aren’t going to rush him to AA but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did. 

I think the goal was likely to have him spend half a year in AA and he’s going to do that. He enters the offseason basically knowing he is going to AAA to start 2024 and could be up anytime after June. They will obviously ensure the service time (ie, he won’t be up in April) and I’m guessing they give him enough time to where he conveniently misses out on what is likely super 2. Holliday being the starting ML SS by the second half of 2024 is very realistic.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I'm beginning to question my decision to wait until 6/16 to get to an Aberdeen game!

12 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I meant to say the BBs after a HR is great to hear!  Success can be a development trap as much as failure.  

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Holliday is the new #3 prospect on MLB.com.

He has jumped over GRod, who is 6th on the list.

https://twitter.com/samdykstramilb/status/1657932128531644418?s=46&t=G3On-_LleGmZce-r3ClVZA

Do you think Samual Basallo had a chance to crack the top 100 by the end of the season?

fe7X_BKz_normal.jpg

Definite chance. Guy can hit, and he’s in a system that can get the most out of him offensively. Some defensive questions give pause, but if he keeps this up on a full-season club at 18, he’ll find his way onto the list.

I was surprised how small he looked sitting next to his father on draft night, but his father is a big dude.  When I saw him in Aberdeen last weekend, it looked like he is considerably stronger now.  I guess he has a little more time to work out than the other players, since he doesn't lose time shaving every morning.

• Haha 1