Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, it is.  There’s really nobody who’s done what he’s done at Aberdeen at any age, much less as a 19-year old.  But then again, we’re talking about 72 PA.  I think they’ll have to consider another promotion in 3-4 weeks.

I have 14 tickets for 6/16.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried!

I just discovered the Age sort on FG's minor league pages doesn't necessarily drill down accurately among guys the same age.

I'd believed TBR's Junior Caminero was impressively a wee bit younger than Holliday as he'll beat him in the sort when you arrange Sally bats that way, but I just came across this BP article from a few days ago saying Holliday-Caminero are their 1A and 1B for midseason Top 50, and the article gives the detail Caminero is about half a year older.     

Jackson Holliday and Junior Caminero will be the top two prospects in baseball at midseason

Yeah, I probably don’t need to be repeating myself a mere six weeks into the minor league season. But that column was written a whole three weeks ago, which means we have twice as much information now. Holliday has been promoted since and continues to hit, get on base, run, and play a fine shortstop. Caminero—who is a mere six months older than Holliday—has continued his frankly ludicrous offensive performance in the Sally League. Caminero looks significantly taller and sturdier than his listed height and weight, and regardless, we now have another three weeks of the contact profile and damage rate staying at 11. There’s still plenty of time for Jackson Chourio to heat up, James Wood to find another level, or Elly de la Cruz to hit another 20 balls over 115 mph—although I suspect he’ll be up in the majors if that trend continues—but Holliday and Caminero have staked their case early and emphatically.

• Upvote 1