Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

Off topic, but I find it interesting that the Cardinals started Walker on the MLB roster, then sent him down without any apparent struggles. Think it's ST Louis jobbing the system, allowing Walker to be edible for the Rookie of the Year draft pick compensation, but also going for the extra year of control

45 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

It is a fantasy oriented list, but near top of the scale the separation between Kyle Stowers (might be good in roto) and Drew Rom isn't as big.

BP pushes out a monthly re-rank, and keeping watch on "the #1 prospect in baseball", they now have Holliday #5, lagging....

Jordan Walker, Elly De La Cruz, soon to graduate Anthony Volpe, and Jackson Chourio

Holliday will be #1 eventually this season. Especially after they do the rerank after the draft. This dude is a OBP machine. Realistically he could be

AA - 2nd half of 2023 season

AFL/ST - Lots of ABs in the AFL and ST

AAA - 1st half of 2024 season

MLB - 2nd half of 2024 season. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, cnmilton said:

Off topic, but I find it interesting that the Cardinals started Walker on the MLB roster, then sent him down without any apparent struggles. Think it's ST Louis jobbing the system, allowing Walker to be edible for the Rookie of the Year draft pick compensation, but also going for the extra year of control

It doesn’t work that way.  If Walker finishes in the top 2 for ROY, he gets a full year of service time.  And I don’t think the team can get a draft pick if he’s sent down for enough days where he would not qualify for a full year of service without finishing in the top 2, even if he was on the OD roster.  

IMO, he was sent down because his defense was absolutely terrible.  

14 minutes ago, Say O! said:

Any word on how his defense is progressing at SS — range, hands, throwing?

From the miserable cameras in MiLB & Aberdeen, in particular, plus the few games that weren't available, it's been hard to tell.  From what I've seen, he makes the routine plays.  Can't wait to see him play in person.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:03 AM, cnmilton said:

He was struggling badly when they sent him down. He started off hot, but then cooled considerably