2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe he can get hot again.  I don't have my hopes too high about that, though.

I'd bet on it.  We have 3/4 of a season to play.  

He'll have another hot streak.  May not be this month or next month, but probably happens at some point. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I'd bet on it.  We have 3/4 of a season to play.  

He'll have another hot streak.  May not be this month or next month, but probably happens at some point. 

Sure, it's possible.   We're still trying to figure out if the real Mateo will stand up and what that guy looks like.  Hard to tell.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, it's possible.   We're still trying to figure out if the real Mateo will stand up and what that guy looks like.  Hard to tell.

They'll ride with him too.  Maybe not if Urias was healthy and Gunnar was playing better.  But I think it will take a lot more than his current slump to see his playing time reduced. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The real Mateo looks like a Slinky turned on its side and stretched out a bit.  

1B Santander feels like a milestone, especially with Vavra RF in the same lineup.     Why wouldn't Vavra just play 1B if it is a 1-day thing?    I hope it also means the O'Hearn-Vavra guy's time is dwindling.

Feels like a baby step closer to Cowser rosters.     I'll just call Cowser RF - it's small beer if they flip him and Hays while Cowser is acclimating, and we see if Kjerstad, Mayo or Holliday can play into the end of year mix.

RF Cowser, DH/1B Santander and 1B/DH Mountcastle can coexist without anyone too famous getting squeezed, but integrating Kjerstad will require a bigger sacrifice.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Did Just Regular hack your account?   I have no idea what this means.

He oscillates up and down very dramatically.  That’s the real Mateo.

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1

We were talking about the Greinke game earlier, and Ohtani is kind of an anti-Greinke.

He is walking >10% of guys, so maybe Frazier and Vavra down lineup with the rest of the A team controlling the strike zone can help the Club outlast him.

The kind of game where in the early innings I'll think of the paradox about swinging having a negative expected run value.

I think Gunnar can get him.    It was around this time last year Daniel Espino went nuts on the Baysox until Gunnar stopped him.

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, I'd have Santander at DH, Mountcastle at 1st.  I'm not sure what the point of that is, but whatever.  I hope Tony can pick it around the bag and handle all his chances cleanly.

Is it possible Mountcastle has a nagging injury?