Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Would you be willing to help me understand what this means? 

It means that it is ridiculous to suggest that a team that is already winning while not spending obscene amounts of money, is somehow flawed because they are not spending obscene amounts of money to win.

1 hour ago, owknows said:

It means that it is ridiculous to suggest that a team that is already winning while not spending obscene amounts of money, is somehow flawed because they are not spending obscene amounts of money to win.

“Obscene amounts of money”?? You wouldn’t happen to be John Angelos or a member of the Orioles PR/Marketing staff would you? lol

I’m sure that you are aware that we are the 2nd lowest payroll in the sport. Second only to the possibly relocating and pathetic Oakland A’s. I’m sure that you are also aware that even small market teams like Tampa, Pittsburg, and Cincy are out spending us by a good bit.

I don’t think I’m asking of expecting the O’s spend with the Mets, Red Sox, Yanks, and Dodgers. But maybe just use a little of the 250-300 million dollars they received this offseason and actually use it to improve the baseball team? Does that sound unreasonable?

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

“Obscene amounts of money”?? You wouldn’t happen to be John Angelos or a member of the Orioles PR/Marketing staff would you? lol

Why do you drag out this dull-witted response every time someone questions your ridiculous position on spending?

Kinda childish no?

6 minutes ago, owknows said:

Why do you drag out this dull-witted response every time someone questions your ridiculous position on spending?

Kinda childish no?

I don’t think it would be wise for me to get into this type of exchange with you as far as name calling and generalizations. You don’t know me as a person and I don’t know you. We’re better than this. So, let’s agree to leave this right here and move on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I don’t think it would be wise for me to get into this type of exchange with you as far as name calling and generalizations. You don’t know me as a person and I don’t know you. We’re better than this. So, let’s agree to leave this right here and move on.

Don't start none... won't be none

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

BTW... I'm willing to accept the possibility that I misread the degree of disdain in your post... and put it to rest...  

Heston moves very well for a big man. I don't kow what his routes or reaction times are like as a COF but he runs hard. He had 3 triples at AA and now this one at AAA. Who was it with the inside the park HR a week or so ago Beavers maybe who was gassed and stumbling around 3B. HK just pops up and sheds gear. At AA per Fangraphs, his speed on the base paths was 5.2 where 6.0 is great. Prieto (3.7) and Mayo (3.5) for comparison. At AAA Cowser (5.9) and Ortiz(5.8) are not much ahead of HK.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 11:12 PM, orioles22 said:

I don't think Elias will try to fill the DH role full-time with Adley playing there a couple of days a week. I expect them to move on from Santander soon with a long-term outfield of Cowser, Mullins and Hays.

I think the long-term outfield will be Cowser, Mullins, Kjerstad. Fabian and Beavers could be options by 2025 as well.

Hays has had a great season, and he's stayed healthy, but I don't trust him to remain durable, and I also don't trust him to avoid declining as he gets closer to 30 (I know that's not an easy thing to say in the middle of his career year).

I think Hays has some solid trade value at the moment. He might be someone worth moving this offseason to make room for Kjerstad, Westburg, and perhaps Norby. 

6 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

I think the long-term outfield will be Cowser, Mullins, Kjerstad. Fabian and Beavers could be options by 2025 as well.

Hays has had a great season, and he's stayed healthy, but I don't trust him to remain durable, and I also don't trust him to avoid declining as he gets closer to 30 (I know that's not an easy thing to say in the middle of his career year).

I think Hays has some solid trade value at the moment. He might be someone worth moving this offseason to make room for Kjerstad, Westburg, and perhaps Norby. 

I am not so sure about Mullins long term. I expect him to be one of those players that kind of has a big drop-off on the downside of his career. I could see him and/or Hays getting traded this offseason. Especially if someone like Cowser gets called up this year and kind of establishes himself as a legit MLer like Gunnar did last year. Both Hays and Mullins are going to start to get expensive. Also, I am really hoping that HK sticks at 1B. I am not a big fan of RM and I think that is a place for an upgrade. 

Edited by MCO'sFan