Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

Westburg has more than done his part. He has to be frustrated that he is mashing in AAA and sees Mateo's empty boxscores night after night. He deserves a call up. I feel confident he would out OPS our current major league SS, 2B, and 1B. DFA Lester and bench Mateo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Well I don't think that they would or should displace the game's #1 prospect going into the season in Henderson by allowing Westburg an opportunity to win 3B. But 2B is another story. I mean don't get me wrong, Frazier has been decent and much better power than expected. But I still believe that his signing was not necessary. 

You misunderstood -I meant Westburg should be there instead of Frazier -playing 2B and backing up Henderson at 3B. Not replacing another rookie.

3 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Westburg has more than done his part. He has to be frustrated that he is mashing in AAA and sees Mateo's empty boxscores night after night. He deserves a call up. I feel confident he would out OPS our current major league SS, 2B, and 1B. DFA Lester and bench Mateo. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pc9q92op6a0nj53twx

• Haha 1

I'm beginning to wonder if Elias and team are thinking that the left field wall will affect Jordan's power numbers. Perhaps that's part of the equation of their thinking in the hesitation.

With him being 24 years old, consistently raking, and not even on the 40 man roster yet, it leads to tons of speculation.

I'll be glad when the speculation is over and we know.

14 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Elias and team are thinking that the left field wall will affect Jordan's power numbers. Perhaps that's part of the equation of their thinking in the hesitation.

With him being 24 years old, consistently raking, and not even on the 40 man roster yet, it leads to tons of speculation.

I'll be glad when the speculation is over and we know.

I join you on that last statement. It will be VERY NICE when Elias decides to do something to help improve the Baltimore Orioles. Either bring up some of the young guys from AAA to replace the AAAA/low ceiling/borderline big leaguers that we currently have or trade a few of the prospects for difference making players. I just want him to do something meaningful to help out chances.

3 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I join you on that last statement. It will be VERY NICE when Elias decides to do something to help improve the Baltimore Orioles. Either bring up some of the young guys from AAA to replace the AAAA/low ceiling/borderline big leaguers that we currently have or trade a few of the prospects for difference making players. I just want him to do something meaningful to help out chances.

Nothing he’s done has been meaningful.  He should quit in disgrace and be stamped with a scarlet L.

• Upvote 1

You two act like the Orioles aren't tied for the 3rd best record in all of Major League Baseball.... with a roster constructed with spare parts chosen by Elias's team...  this roster is contending in the best division in baseball even with multiple injuries to several projected starters. I don't understand the constant negativity of some fans. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Good grief man. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

You two act like the Orioles aren't tied for the 3rd best record in all of Major League Baseball.... with a roster constructed with spare parts chosen by Elias's team...  this roster is contending in the best division in baseball even with multiple injuries to several projected starters. I don't understand the constant negativity of some fans. 

It's not being negative so much as realizing we can still be better.   Some get a C on their report card,  and are happy.   Others want better and strive to improve to a B or even an A.  Most get an A and are satisfied, while others seek to do better and get an A+.  So far this season we are playing at an A pace,  no question.  It's been a great season so far.   But that doesn't mean we can't strive to continue to improve and shoot for that A+.  For us to keep, or better on,  the 3rd best record in baseball we must continue to improve in areas we can.   Saying I want to see some changes with a few of the lesser performances in our lineup isn't,  I don't think,  negative so much as a desire to see us be as good as we possibly can be.   We have a few holes in the lineup that if they get fixed would make us much more dangerous.  Most contending teams try to make themselves better,  often by trading for proven talent closer to the trade deadline.   While we should do that too if the chance arises and the deal is right,  we can likely make ourselves better with internal options.   

50 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Huh?? Help me I don't understand what this means...

He was being facetious.....Elias has done a lot to help get this team where it is, and that this comment from you - It will be VERY NICE when Elias decides to do something to help improve the Baltimore Orioles. - is an unfair assessment of Elias's work.  That's what I got out of it.  And, I agree that the comment was a bit unnecessary given where the team is right now.

4 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

He was being facetious.....Elias has done a lot to help get this team where it is, and that this comment from you - It will be VERY NICE when Elias decides to do something to help improve the Baltimore Orioles. - is an unfair assessment of Elias's work.  That's what I got out of it.  And, I agree that the comment was a bit unnecessary given where the team is right now.

I didn't mean that he hadn't done anything prior. But I was talking about him doing something in the near future to help us continue to succeed into the second half of the season and hopefully into the post season.

Poor wording by me, my apologies.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Huh?? Help me I don't understand what this means...

Sorry.  I misread your comment.  I thought you were painting with broader strokes than you were.

3 hours ago, forphase1 said:

It's not being negative so much as realizing we can still be better.   Some get a C on their report card,  and are happy.   Others want better and strive to improve to a B or even an A.  Most get an A and are satisfied, while others seek to do better and get an A+.  So far this season we are playing at an A pace,  no question.  It's been a great season so far.   But that doesn't mean we can't strive to continue to improve and shoot for that A+.  For us to keep, or better on,  the 3rd best record in baseball we must continue to improve in areas we can.   Saying I want to see some changes with a few of the lesser performances in our lineup isn't,  I don't think,  negative so much as a desire to see us be as good as we possibly can be.   We have a few holes in the lineup that if they get fixed would make us much more dangerous.  Most contending teams try to make themselves better,  often by trading for proven talent closer to the trade deadline.   While we should do that too if the chance arises and the deal is right,  we can likely make ourselves better with internal options.   

This is fair in general.  I responded that way because a) I misunderstood the post but b) it seems like sometimes we come to the board projecting our belief that this is a D team who is only in it by sheer luck with little to support that claim.  (Just like I don't think Gunnar is the bum many thought he was a few days ago.)  @Bemorewins clearly wasn't doing that in the context here and that's on me.