Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

6 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

So it's pretty clear to me that Elias is purely gaming Super 2 with Westburg. Westburg should have been on the Opening Day roster, and the O's would have been a better team at this point as a result.

Does anyone have a general idea of the Super 2 deadline this month? I know it's a moving target based on other teams' promotions, but any info would be appreciated.

I wouldn't rule out the chance Elias is going to feature Westburg as the centerpiece in a trade to land a talented veteran player. Orioles need starting pitching and you have to give up talent to get talent in return.

Urias or Mateo isn't going to cut it if you want to land a TOR starting pitcher in a trade. Maybe it's what you said with gaming Super 2.

17 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

So it's pretty clear to me that Elias is purely gaming Super 2 with Westburg. Westburg should have been on the Opening Day roster, and the O's would have been a better team at this point as a result.

Does anyone have a general idea of the Super 2 deadline this month? I know it's a moving target based on other teams' promotions, but any info would be appreciated.

I've seen June 14 to June 21 speculated. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does Westburg play catcher?

No but McCann was the DH last night so that doesn’t really matter. He wouldn’t replace McCannon the roster, just in the lineup when McCann isn’t catching. Such as last night. 

It’s really just dumb at this point that Westburg isn’t up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Looks like a 3B arm to me.   He has it when he needs it.

Agreed.  Some of the scouting reports I've read question his arm strength, but in the videos I've seen it definitely looks adequate to me.  It's no cannon, but enough to play a solid 3B and definitely would play well at 2B.

8 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

No but McCann was the DH last night so that doesn’t really matter. He wouldn’t replace McCannon the roster, just in the lineup when McCann isn’t catching. Such as last night. 

It’s really just dumb at this point that Westburg isn’t up. 

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does Westburg play catcher?

Thats what gets missed. I agree Mcann should not be DH HE should be catching more. They need to take it easier on Adley.

There just not enough ABs for Westburg right now  unless you bench Mateo, which i dont think is going to happen just yet. Can he play First Base.