WBC 2023

Just Regular

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

Is this basically the team shutting him down as a pitcher? Shame if so, club teams would never do that for the World Cup

Not that bad - they've just said he'll pitch the Quarterfinals, essentially Game 1 when it gets to knockout play.

The zillion dollar question if they advance to the final might be does he come out of the bullpen, if the tournament rules don't prohibit it.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Not that bad - they've just said he'll pitch the Quarterfinals, essentially Game 1 when it gets to knockout play.

The zillion dollar question if they advance to the final might be does he come out of the bullpen, if the tournament rules don't prohibit it.

That quoted tweet said he would start for the Angels on the 24th.  The championship is the 22nd.   So it doesn't seem so.

Well everything sure has broken Cuba’s way since their 0-2 start. It now appears that they will end up winning Pool A, assuming Italy holds on to this 6-1 lead over The Kingdom is the Netherlands. This would be huge as it would mean avoiding Japan in the quarterfinals. Netherlands does have the bases loaded with no outs though.

I’m a happy man either way. Go 🇨🇺 and 🇺🇸

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The enthusiasm for the Latino and Asian teams is unreal. Wish we had that in mlb.

It’s so much fun.  I go to Rivas de Gigantes games when I go to Nicaragua on surf trips.  So much fun.  Music, dancing, and flat out party for all 9 innings.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Santander follows up his Sandy Alcantara tater yesterday with a Jose Berrios tonight.

I see Miggy Cabrera down the Venezuela lineup - his countrymen have started hot for him.

Puerto Rico still has six outs left to rally with.

This game is off the hook.  The Edwin Diaz v. Acuña AB/stare down was so good.