Well, well, well.

eddie83

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That this piece of clearly MLB news was posted in Orioles Talk to get more views?

Yes.

Well I get what you mean but disagree slightly.

This is a guy many on here and in twitterland wanted and were pissed that the Os didn’t go after.

Those of us who didn’t want to sign him weren’t worried about his performance, it was his health.

This is also yet another perfect example of how spending big time on free agents is such a problematic thing to do.

Overall, considering the impact this could have on the division and how much he was discussed on here, I don’t think putting it in this section is wrong.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why not just put the post where it belongs?

An injury to one of the better players on the best team in our division, and a player who many wanted the O's to pursue this winter, is Orioles related. It directly influences the O's competitiveness (more so than the interleague stuff you alluded to) and also relates to conversations about the team's roster strategy.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a terrible way to go through life.

I'd rather the Yankee players not get hurt and the Orioles beat them anyway.

Well, yeah. I wasn't exactly rooting for MFY injuries... more making a general point, half in jest.

As for Rodon, that's one thread still relevant to O's Talk IMO, but no biggie!