3/16 vs Jays

Bahama O's Fan

The first 4 all got hits, all 4 are on the BJ 40-man. The SS Barger went all Gunnar last year, A+ to AAA, hit over .300 with power and OPS>.900. He is expected in MLB this season. The LF Lukes had a solid AAA season in 2022. Nobodies with some talent. The other 2 are lower in MiL ball

7 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

The first 4 all got hits, all 4 are on the BJ 40-man. The SS Barger went all Gunnar last year, A+ to AAA, hit over .300 with power and OPS>.900. He is expected in MLB this season. The LF Lukes had a solid AAA season in 2022. Nobodies with some talent. The other 2 are lower in MiL ball

Thanks. I didn't recognize their names

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I can understand that, but I did think the remarks were over the top a bit for you. I typically would like players to make it through waivers, but I'll be honest, the various boneheaded or just poor defensive plays combined with his little league-esque over slide of stolen base just kinda made me think this guy is never going to get it.  Peyton Burdick makes McKenna a little redundant as well as a 5th outfielder type. Burdick is a solid defensive outfielder who has a .903 OPS against AAA left-handers thanks to him popping some homers. Sound familiar?  I've never been a fan of low baseball IQ players like McKenna who just find ways to do the little things that don't help a ballclub. I'm sure he's a good teammate and clubhouse guy and that's why Hyde/Elias likes him, but I'm ok if he's taken off waivers. Plus, maybe he just needs a shot to play everyday somewhere like Oakland or Chicago? Maybe it's for the best for him to get a chance somewhere else?
    • @Sports Guy did. Every team has a guy like him
    • Thanks for your OPINION. Glad to know that every team has a defensive replacement that often plays poor defense. 
    • Good call.  I had to check.   Hays was up around the 90th percentile in sprint speed in both 2017 and 2019.   There was notable regression starting in 2020.
    • Good point.  Hays had great/elite? speed when he first got to the majors and was very good defensively.  I think he would have had no problem handling CF then.  All his injuries have diminished his speed and probably made the O's gunshy to put him in CF much.  I guess the Mateo in CF experiment is over.  He showed promise.  He made some great plays, but also missed some very makeable plays.  I guess the O;s figured the payoff wasn't worth the learning curve.
    • IIRC, didn't McKenna admit he wasn't "focused" out there with one of those (previous) gaffes?
    • It's been the equivalent of two full seasons (324 games) since Adley made his debut on May 21, 2022. The Orioles have gone 194-130 since then, the equivalent of two 97-65 seasons.   A .599 winning percentage. In the 599 games leading up Adley's callup, dating back to August 31, 2017, the Orioles were 185-414, a .309 winning percentage.  (August 30, 2017, the Orioles stood at 68-65 and went 8-22 to finish the season).  
  • Popular Contributors