The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you even call is a jumbotron when it's the smallest in the league?

image.thumb.jpeg.121eed0d5b2c4d084b5dd73c319ccae3.jpeg

I went to see the O's in Philly this year and the Jumbotron was too big. Distractingly large.

Even the Braves Jumbotron is too big, and that looks like the middle of the pack.

I wouldn't want a significantly larger scoreboard as it would take away from the view of the Warehouse and the city.

I have never heard anybody complain about the scoreboard being too small. Fix the sound first.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

I went to see the O's in Philly this year and the Jumbotron was too big. Distractingly large.

Even the Braves Jumbotron is too big, and that looks like the middle of the pack.

I wouldn't want a significantly larger scoreboard as it would take away from the view of the Warehouse and the city.

I have never heard anybody complain about the scoreboard being too small. Fix the sound first.

The hotel took away the view for some of the city. I want a bigger scoreboard and a better out of town scoreboard. Plus the Orioles in orange on the scoreboard is tough to read during the day. Sound also is an issue. Bathrooms also running out of towels and urinals broken. I don't think the scoreboard should be gigantic but clearer and sharper.

41 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The hotel took away the view for some of the city. I want a bigger scoreboard and a better out of town scoreboard. Plus the Orioles in orange on the scoreboard is tough to read during the day. Sound also is an issue. Bathrooms also running out of towels and urinals broken. I don't think the scoreboard should be gigantic but clearer and sharper.

Absolutely the hotel did do that.

If they wanted to do a major renovation and tear down the left field upper deck and turn that area into a party deck, they could put a giant scoreboard up there, I just don't see how you are going to fit a bigger scoreboard where the current one is without messing with the aesthetics. 

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Even if it was a 94 degree July afternoon?

There are definitely circumstances where I would.

During the late ‘90s the Angels had a spirit crew made up mostly of young women wearing tank tops and hot pants. One of their spirit activities on hot days was to roam around the stands spritzing people. I enjoyed that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

For the record I've gone to game at OPACY and never thought that they needed a larger scoreboard.

Of course my eyes were better then.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

For the record I've gone to game at OPACY and never thought that they needed a larger scoreboard.

Of course my eyes were better then.

It’s not too big a deal IMO,  Yes, a bigger screen would be nice, but I wouldn’t do major surgery on the stadium to accommodate one.  

59 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Absolutely the hotel did do that.

If they wanted to do a major renovation and tear down the left field upper deck and turn that area into a party deck, they could put a giant scoreboard up there, I just don't see how you are going to fit a bigger scoreboard where the current one is without messing with the aesthetics. 

Hmm, not a terrible idea with the upper deck. Oriole park is the 9th largest ballpark in terms of capacity. Going smaller is a trend - could make sense for Baltimore to do the same. They would lose a decent amount of revenue for the big games against the likes of the Yankees, but there's probably financial reasons to do it as well.

They actually could take a page out of Petco park with left field.

Edited by dzorange