Top 100 Prospect tracker on MLB.com

bluedog

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm going to indulge in this thread rather than make a new one. Looking at the results to this point, here's some players I think are ready for the Big Leagues...

Kyle Stowers

Jordan Westburg

Hudson Haskin (His numbers are better than Ortiz's, and Ortiz was just called up)

Joey Ortiz (just because I don't want someone to accuse me of leaving him out, even though he's already there.)

You can also make a case for Lewin Diaz and Josh Lester, just because of their power numbers and the fact they've already had some Big League experience. But with that said, I would put the previous 4 players in a teir higher than those 2 1st basemen.

And on a side note, I am wondering what they did with Anthony Bemboom by sticking him on the reserved list.

Haskin's K% is 32%, which is double Ortiz's rate.

I might also add Bruce Zimmerman to that list of MLB ready players, if I'm starting to make a shortlist of pitchers. Yes, he had a cup of coffee last year and he did well in the first month, but what I'm mostly looking at is his numbers so far in Norfolk. I haven't really digged into all of them, but out of all the pitchers on the page, his stats jump out at me most. (For the record, I look at other factors and put little stock into ERA).

54 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I might also add Bruce Zimmerman to that list of MLB ready players, if I'm starting to make a shortlist of pitchers. Yes, he had a cup of coffee last year and he did well in the first month, but what I'm mostly looking at is his numbers so far in Norfolk. I haven't really digged into all of them, but out of all the pitchers on the page, his stats jump out at me most. (For the record, I look at other factors and put little stock into ERA).

He’s a 4A guy. Can they use him? Sure, injuries happen. 

Haskin has been injured since April 16 and has only played in 13 games.  He has a history as a streaky player so I’m not ready to declare him ready for the majors.  

Zimmermann is a AAAA guy who’s nice to have around when other pitchers get hurt or struggle or if an arm is needed for a few days.  His history is, the more major league hitters see him, the harder they hit him.  His good starts in the majors tend to come in his first few outings.  

• Upvote 2