Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

When he first came up it seemed like he just threw the ball and location wasn’t even that important because there was so much movement on every pitch.   He has continued to be a strike thrower but he’s gone from dominant setup man to at least he’ll keep us in the game setup man.

There may be something to this. Palmer talks about sometimes with a wild guy the best approach is to set up middle and the natural wildness will cause the ball to end up on the corners. He is definitely making more mistakes in the zone and getting hit hard as a result. Maybe focus on keeping his location down.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mateo has got to go… give me Ortiz all day.

They lose yesterday without Jorge’s throw to the plate to nab Harper. I agree that it should be Joey time but methinks now Joey is getting moved in a trade. There’s no reason that he shouldn’t have been promoted for good at this point.  

Edited by banks703

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s one game, but there’s no reason to not pitch Bautista there. 

Mateo has got to go… give me Ortiz all day.

There is lists of reasons.  61 and hopefully more.  They were going to give him two days rest after pitching 4 of the last 5 games coming into this series.