The 2023 high water mark thread

Frobby

Can we possibly win 100 games?  Will we win the East?  

What about a World Series?  Can we do it?  

This year really kind of snuck up on us.   And what is even more shocking is the Orioles have the best farm system in baseball and most our prospects are in AAA already.   We obviously are going to be good for a nice stretch.  We could not win 100 games next season and actually still be a better team with better players.  

We should get a picture of Elias and frame it and pray to it every night for good luck.   Because he is going to be a Saint if the Orioles win the Series.  

19 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This year really kind of snuck up on us.   And what is even more shocking is the Orioles have the best farm system in baseball and most our prospects are in AAA already.   We obviously are going to be good for a nice stretch.  We could not win 100 games next season and actually still be a better team with better players.  

We should get a picture of Elias and frame it and pray to it every night for good luck.   Because he is going to be a Saint if the Orioles win the Series.  

We are going to win a World Series. Maybe more than 1. This is a great team with a great farm system.

3 hours ago, Gurgi said:

This is a fun season for sure. For those born in the 60s, we were treated to awesome baseball. Watching the 70s and early 80s teams, you pretty much assumed that the O's would win every night, even the years they didn't make the playoffs. The 2023 team may be the beginning of a smilar multi year vibe  

My only concern about the farm system is that it is position player heavy.  Really wish that there was stronger pitching in the affiliates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

This is a fun season for sure. For those born in the 60s, we were treated to awesome baseball. Watching the 70s and early 80s teams, you pretty much assumed that the O's would win every night, even the years they didn't make the playoffs. The 2023 team may be the beginning of a smilar multi year vibe  

My only concern about the farm system is that it is position player heavy.  Really wish that there was stronger pitching in the affiliates. 

Being studied in analytics, I'm sure the front office is aware that there is a measurably higher chance of MLB success for highly drafted position players, than there is for highly drafted pitchers.

And it would seem to me that they have chosen intentionally to leverage this advantage, and let others vet pitching prospects that they can trade their excess position player wealth for.

On 9/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, Gurgi said:

Hmm, I'll be praying for a new owner and that Elias doesn't get pi$$Ed and leave.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hmm, I'll be praying for a new owner and that Elias doesn't get pi$$Ed and leave.

That’s what I’m worried about Elias is going to be in high demand and do we know when his contract is up?

I think Elias wants to see it through to a World Series with the Orioles, but John Angelos is always a wildcard to screw things up. 

I don't know if we'll go far in the playoffs, let alone go to a World Series, but I'll say this. This team is filled with great young players who figure to get better and there's still MANY players yet to come up.I think this is the most entertaining Oriole team I can remember in the last two decades. Young, athletic, exciting, never gives up...and these players all seem like good guys who like each other...no bad apples on this team. No matter what happens I wont complain at the end because the Orioles were so much fun to watch and brought so much joy to me this season that it would be wrong to whine if they dont win it all...besides, this team is going to be very good for many years...what more can you ask?

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2023 at 1:08 AM, Gurgi said:

This is also a year where various outcasts are having career years. The Orioles will need to replace some of those with homegrown talent under control next year and beyond, and hope it will be enough.