Sat Apr 15th, @ White Sox

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

How are you blaming that on Mountcastle?

Because even at the college level your first basemen is expected to be able to pick a short hopped throw. The mateo one was difficult as he was stretched out. That one was basic. Heck he even briefly caught it before dropping it.

Being able to catch non-perfect throws is basically the main defensive responsibility of the first baseman 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Henderson is certainly not playing well defensively with inconsistent play between 3B and SS and Dh.

I can see why most teams like to have a position for their prospects.  The Orioles however dont think that is important.  Versatilty is king for us I guess.  More than actually playing good.

1 minute ago, backdoorslider said:

Well then he needs to DFAed or traded cuz Mateo has won the role with his excellent play. This is Elias' issue. He's logjammed the infield and has not acquired the pitching we need to win.

I think you’re the only one complaining about a surplus of infield talent. A team should be so lucky. 

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Because even at the college level your first basemen is expected to be able to pick a short hopped throw. The mateo one was difficult as he was stretched out. That one was basic. Heck he even briefly caught it before dropping it.

Being able to catch non-perfect throws is basically the main defensive responsibility of the first baseman 

He shouldn’t have had to pick it.  It was a routine play.  I’m as big a Gunnar fan as anyone but that was inexcusable. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Cal Ripken was right when he said they need to stick him at one position and let him focus on that position.

If they were happy with Mateo/Urias on the left side, then they could have just let Henderson play 2B. But they decided they needed Frazier and now it's tough to take Urias and or Mateo's glove out. 

Some of these defensive issues are also because they moved Henderson around with Westburg defensively in the minors because they want flexibility. I get that, but with your top guys, you need to decided where they are going to play and mainly play them there. 

They've never really had a plan defensively for Gunnar besides SS and 3B.