Suggestions on getting best seats

Gerard19

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Moderately tax friendly.  Beautiful.  Cheap land.  No sales or Inheritance tax.  Seems like a pretty astute decision to set up shop out there.  

It’s beyond amazing if you like the outdoors.

Don’t piss off the Duttons and end up at the train station.😉

Edited by NCRaven

2 hours ago, Gerard19 said:

I’m taking the Light Rail right from BWI to essentially the front door of the Days Inn. Where I live Uber isn’t a thing but I have downloaded the app if I want to get away from the Ballpark area.

Maps and Schedules | Baltimore City Department of Transportation
https://transportation.baltimorecity.gov/transit-services/maps-and-schedules

9 hours ago, pdiddy said:

That’s pretty great - does it show up as a message in the ballpark app?!

Pregame - how’s Pratt Street Ale House these days (Oliver’s back in the day)?

I used the ballpark upgrade thing a few times with my uncle when we had season tickets the year I lived down there. A few times I have also just walked up to the ticket booth and nabbed tickets behind home plate for face value which back then was pretty reasonable. But as I did when I lived in Boston, I would sit all around the park to see the view from different spots. And maybe you will get to see Boog, always a great guy to chat with. I once saw him almost get backed into when coming in and it made for a funny 2 minute convo, super great guy and giant hands lol. I might have to get to a game this year, only been 7 years since I have gone down

12 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Don’t piss off the Duttons and end up at the train station.😉

Good one! I’ve heard The Wire captures Baltimore’s aura. Yellowstone, except for the scenery, isn’t even close. Having said that, I’m a fan of the show. I live five blocks from the Capitol; I’ll pop in and tell Governor Dutton you say hello.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry everyone. I’ve now been to 6 games in Baltimore (1 on 33rd and 5 at OPACY) and they’ve won 1 of them. Maybe I should catch an early morning flight back to Montana for all our sake.

I know it’s 1 of 162 but it was frustrating to see the lineup put out for a crowd of 36,000+.

46 minutes ago, Gerard19 said:

Sorry everyone. I’ve now been to 6 games in Baltimore (1 on 33rd and 5 at OPACY) and they’ve won 1 of them. Maybe I should catch an early morning flight back to Montana for all our sake.

I know it’s 1 of 162 but it was frustrating to see the lineup put out for a crowd of 36,000+.

What Angel game are you going to? Need a nice FanDuel wager 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

What Angel game are you going to? Need a nice FanDuel wager 

That’s pretty damn funny! Going to Monday and Tuesday games. Your odds won’t be great betting on Ohtani tomorrow, I’m thinking. 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gerard19 said:

That’s pretty damn funny! Going to Monday and Tuesday games. Your odds won’t be great betting on Ohtani tomorrow, I’m thinking. 😉

I saw the O’s beat Ohtani two years ago to end their 19-game losing streak.  Things happen. 

• Like 1

I just bought tickets for my first O’s game in six years, due to distance. I splurged for club level seats against Texas on the 28th and will take the wife and some of my Maryland family with me. I can’t wait.

I use the MLB Ballpark app which stores the details of games you attended so I just checked my history. Since 1996 it’s been 24 games, with a 17-7 record (including 6 losses in 8 games against Boston, 15-1 against everyone else). Pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I just bought tickets for my first O’s game in six years, due to distance. I splurged for club level seats against Texas on the 28th and will take the wife and some of my Maryland family with me. I can’t wait.

I use the MLB Ballpark app which stores the details of games you attended so I just checked my history. Since 1996 it’s been 24 games, with a 17-7 record (including 6 losses in 8 games against Boston, 15-1 against everyone else). Pretty solid. 

I’m surprised they have data going back that far.  Hasn’t the app only been in existence for 5-10 years?

Where on the app do you find your history?

Edited by Frobby

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m surprised they have data going back that far.  Hasn’t the app only been in existence for 5-10 years?

I seem to remember it also being restricted to only going back a few years, but they must have changed that in an update. Now you can log games you attended all the way back to 1901 (!). So if you still have your old ticket stubs or dates, you’re set. 

I swear they also moved the game history section at least once as well, I thought they deleted it at one point. To find it now, if you’re logged in, then from the Home screen click on the circle on the top left with your initials in there. Then it should show how many teams/parks you’ve seen and the rest is under ‘View Details’. It’s pretty nice to look back through, especially if you uploaded photos from any of those particular games. 

23 hours ago, Gerard19 said:

Goodbye Montana.You are killing the Orioles. Just kidding. I hope you are having a good time in Baltimore. One more game, a loss and then back to winning.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I seriously doubt they would know my game history considering I always used cash. I did try to keep my ticket stubs over the years, though I doubt I have all of them. My 1st time in Camden Yards, I ended up sitting next to a Yankees scout who tried to tell me and my friend how good Ricky Ledee was going to be. I wonder if that scout is still in the business lol.