Suggestions on getting best seats

Gerard19

I’m traveling to Baltimore from Montana for the Pirates and Angels series. I last visited when OPACY first opened in 92. Any suggestions on how to get the best seats as  the ticket websites show the good spots as unavailable (would love one game right behind home plate and on TV there always seems like empty seats). Also, best pregame hangouts around the stadium…I’m staying at the Days Inn a couple blocks from Camden Yards. Thank you. And yes my screen name is a nod to the late great #19 Dave McNally.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I recommend staying in Montana!!!! 

Kidding, kidding. OPACY is a great place.

Pickles and whatever the new corporate Sliders is are close & easy. 

bar near Camden Yards gets a new look and a new name
https://baltimorefishbowl.com/stories/former-sliders-bar-to-reopen-as-section-711-just-in-time-for-baltimore-orioles-home-opener/

34 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I don’t know if the MLB App still has it, but there was a way to upgrade your tickets on game day and during the first few innings of the game for a few dollars more. If you refreshed it a few times, you could get club seats or home plate seats for about $15 extra. 

That’s pretty great - does it show up as a message in the ballpark app?!

Pregame - how’s Pratt Street Ale House these days (Oliver’s back in the day)?

Pregame - Pickles. 

Potbelly is a sandwich shop around the corner from Pickles.

Little Italy/Fells Point for the better eating joints though:

Thames Street Oyster House

Amici's

Bondhouse

I guess you could do the Phillips Seafood if you're wanting something like MD seafood.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Just go on the Os website to buy your tickets but understand that a lot of the best seats won’t get released until the day of the game. 

Day of the game on the O's website is a nice trick.  Season ticket holders can swap games if they can't make it.  So you can get some "good" seats without paying the stubhub fees.  Stubhub is a good fall back though.  

Welcome to the board Gerard19.   How long are you going to be in town?  If you are attending several games, you may consider getting some of your tickets from the box office (opens 90 minutes before each game).  The attendants are pretty helpful in helping find the best seats available.    If you are a baseball geek, and if you are on this board that's a safe assumption, the Babe Ruth Museum is a few blocks from OPACY.   Also, I am happy to provide suggestions for restaraunts/bars., just direct message me.

• Thanks 1

You're catching a series.  I would definitely eat in Little Italy one night while you are in.  I would also say Boog Powells is not only one of the best foods in the Park, but it's arguably one of the best values as well.

And call the ticket office in advance of your trip and see if anyone will hook you up in advance.  I used to switch games with my season ticket package and they were always pretty easy to work with.

Lastly, Montana is one of 4 states I have not been in.  I understand it is quite beautiful.  Welcome and good luck with your trip.

10 minutes ago, foxfield said:

You're catching a series.  I would definitely eat in Little Italy one night while you are in.  I would also say Boog Powells is not only one of the best foods in the Park, but it's arguably one of the best values as well.

And call the ticket office in advance of your trip and see if anyone will hook you up in advance.  I used to switch games with my season ticket package and they were always pretty easy to work with.

Lastly, Montana is one of 4 states I have not been in.  I understand it is quite beautiful.  Welcome and good luck with your trip.

Boog’s is a must! I had it all four days when I came in 1992. Does he still cook at some games? Yes, Montana is beautiful. And relatively quiet. I’ve lived here all of my 65 years and never take it for granted.

Edited by Gerard19
  • Upvote 1