Using only players in the organization…

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

I would send Vavra down and bring up Stowers.

McKenna needs to stay because there's not another viable CF backup, yet. O'Hearn stays as backup to 1B.

Vavra has only been playing RF lately, other than the Urias ejection, so he can be replaced with Stowers.

If there was a better backup CF option right now, I would get rid of McKenna first.

I get Hays is lacking in CF, but as long as it's just in case of injury and a VERY, VERY rare off day for Mullins, i don't mind that. We also saw Mateo in CF some at the end of spring training. We will see Mullins play most every day. I don't mind giving Mateo a chance on an occasional off day as long as he's hitting as he is. If he cools down offensively and his value goes back to being tied almost exclusively to playing great defensive SS, then I change my tune, but for now, I think overall a lineup that has Urias, Henderson and Frazier in the infield and Mateo in CF is better than one that has Urias, Mateo and Henderson (or whatever combo you prefer) in the infield and McKenna in CF. 

I think we have seen enough of Vavra to see that he isn't going to bring anything special to the roster he is just a utility guy.  I think Frazier can slide into and be an upgrade to his role getting more playing time in the COF.  Ortiz is already on the 40 man roster lets bring him up and give him everyday at bats mostly at 2B.  I think Ortiz upgrades our offense and defense immediately.

Voth can be sent down when Tate or Givens gets healthy.  Perez probably goes down too when they are both are ready.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bringing up Cowser to back up and play sparingly is really dumb.

This is my thinking too. I wanna see some of these guys come up but they won't play 5-6 days a week. So, I think it is a waste.

If you replace Vavra with Stowers, he at least gets those ABs 3-4 times a week.

14 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Drastic changes? The team is on a 108 win pace. Everybody is not going to be hot at the same time. I don’t understand what some posters seem to expect from the season. 

The team is winning. I would leave the roster alone for a while minus the occasional bullpen change as usage dictates. 

The option for doing nothing is there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think we have seen enough of Vavra to see that he isn't going to bring anything special to the roster he is just a utility guy.  I think Frazier can slide into and be an upgrade to his role getting more playing time in the COF.  Ortiz is already on the 40 man roster lets bring him up and give him everyday at bats mostly at 2B.  I think Ortiz upgrades our offense and defense immediately.

Voth can be sent down when Tate or Givens gets healthy.  Perez probably goes down too when they are both are ready.

I don't disagree, but then Ortiz just gums up SS/3B more than it is. I do like the idea of 'replacing' Vavra with Frazier.

I based my moves on everyone staying with the organization and being realistic about it.

So, I think there is plenty of reason to stand pat. Chemistry is good, team is winning, etc…

But this is far from a complete team And I would be fine with big changes right now although the argument to wait another few weeks is certainly valid.

For me, by mid May, my roster would have Ortiz, Westburg and Stowers up, with each playing at least 4 games a week.

I wouldn’t change the pen until Tate and givens are back although if you prefer a different long man to Voth, that’s fine. 

I would keep Hall down. Irvin can stay down while he is pitching poorly, so he doesn’t effect things right now.

Cowser could enter the picture by mid May too. Just a matter of how you do it. I guess you could deem him to be the change over Stowers.

9 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I don't disagree, but then Ortiz just gums up SS/3B more than it is. I do like the idea of 'replacing' Vavra with Frazier.

I based my moves on everyone staying with the organization and being realistic about it.

I am looking at Ortiz as primarily a second basemen for now.  Urias can back up all over the infield and Frazier can backup in the outfield.