Bryan Reynolds signs extension

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I can understand him signing the long term contract. Green Lantern was a flop and Green Latern 2 was shelved..Even  another Deadpool could be risky and this gives him long term security. 

I hope at some point Harry Ford leans into it and asks for a Zach-Zack type change to Harrison Ford.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s just very unoriginal at this point.  The sentiment is fine.

Truth is, the successful small market teams frequently sign extensions with players pretty early in their careers.  When they work out, they’re much cheaper than signing free agents or signing players to extensions when they’re already only 1-2 years away from free agency.  So yes, I’d love to see the O’s do some of these, so long as the terms are intelligent.  

Very little discussed on here is “original”

• Upvote 2

Just now, RZNJ said:

How is it making the issue that bothers you worse?       

Oh, I'm tired of people talking about this.  In response I'm going to make a tired comment about it that won't change anyone's behavior.

Why bother?  It just adds to the overall aggravation level of the board.  If you don't want to hear someone talking about the same topic for the umpteenth time, replying with the dead horse comment for the umpteenth time isn't going to solve the issue.

• Upvote 1

I consider all extension speculation pointless until this regime proves it will do one. 

In her OTV podcast interview recently, Eve Rosenbaum said there are people basically working on extensions almost every day. That's the extent of our knowledge on the Orioles and extensions, and that's even if you consider that knowledge and not just hot air. 

46 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'm not concerned with extensions soley but I am curious as to what the plan is with players like Mullins, Rutschman, and Henderson.   Is the ultimate plan to trade them before they get to their last year of FA, extend them, or let them walk after they've become FA's.      Also, how will a burgeoning Latin American program make up for not having the top 5 picks anymore and will the pipeline continue at it's current pace.

Excellent question, and probably the most important question. We should start to have some idea soon.

Mullins will be an interesting case. He will have value on the trade market (particularly this off-season with 2 years of control remaining). I don’t see another near-ready CF in the system (I have seen Cowser in Norfolk last year and earlier this month and he’s not a CF for me). Mullins attacks his weaknesses such as throwing last year and left on left batting this year (I know SSS). I think there are certainly worse players to invest in, and would lean to keeping him and letting others like Santander and Hays who are more easily replaceable walk (or trading them$. But the aging curve is the counter. It’s not an easy decision, but if a mutually agreeable 4-5 year deal could be struck using this as a comp, I’d probably be in favor of it.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh, I'm tired of people talking about this.  In response I'm going to make a tired comment about it that won't change anyone's behavior.

Why bother?  It just adds to the overall aggravation level of the board.  If you don't want to hear someone talking about the same topic for the umpteenth time, replying with the dead horse comment for the umpteenth time isn't going to solve the issue.

I wasn't expecting to solve the issue.   Do you think every post you make solves some issue?   LOL

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I consider all extension speculation pointless until this regime proves it will do one. 

In her OTV podcast interview recently, Eve Rosenbaum said there are people basically working on extensions almost every day. That's the extent of our knowledge on the Orioles and extensions, and that's even if you consider that knowledge and not just hot air. 

Lol. That’s not even believable. 

Just now, RZNJ said:

I wasn't expecting to solve the issue.   Do you think every post you make solves some issue?   LOL

So you are just trying to annoy whomever annoyed you?  And if other folks get annoyed by the both of you that's OK?

I just don't see how the one behavior if any different than the other.