Bryan Reynolds signs extension

Sports Guy

No offense to anyone in particular here but if you all are frustrated right now because another team extended a player and we haven't extended Adley or Mullins yet maybe its time to take a step back from the ledge.  The O's are 15-7 riding a 7 game win streak and have the best farm system in baseball.  Try and enjoy it and not focus on the crappy ownership.

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Speaking of adding to the aggravation level of the board, perhaps you should stop posting if that's a concern of yours.   LOL

Oh it's not a concern of mine.  I'm just trying to get my head around why it's not alright to mention service time manipulation for the X99 time but it is OK to reference dead horses for the x99 time.

Is it just the fact that it's you doing it in the latter case?

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

No offense to anyone in particular here but if you all are frustrated right now because another team extended a player and we haven't extended Adley or Mullins yet maybe its time to take a step back from the ledge.  The O's are 15-7 riding a 7 game win streak and have the best farm system in baseball.  Try and enjoy it and not focus on the crappy ownership.

argue grumpy old men GIF by Laff

I'm not so old that I'm only concerned with the 2023 season.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you are just trying to annoy whomever annoyed you?  And if other folks get annoyed by the both of you that's OK?

I just don't see how the one behavior if any different than the other.

You're a funny guy.   You pick at people's posts all day and have a reputation for being one of the more negative posters on the board and yet you are worried about the "board" and annoying people.    You can't make this stuff up.

Oh it's not a concern of mine.  I'm just trying to get my head around why it's not alright to mention service time manipulation for the X99 time but it is OK to reference dead horses for the x99 time.

Is it just the fact that it's you doing it in the latter case?

There you go, genius.   It's all a matter of perspective.   Now you got it!!   

Just now, RZNJ said:

You're a funny guy.   You pick at people's posts all day and have a reputation for being one of the more negative posters on the board and yet you are worried about the "board" and annoying people.    You can't make this stuff up.

I'm not worried about it.

I'm just trying to figure out the mental gymnastics you are contorting yourself with.

But hey, thanks for calling me funny.

If I thought the same of you I'd return the compliment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

There you go, genius.   It's all a matter of perspective.   Now you got it!!   

BTW,  there is a ratio of about 1:50 when it comes to the "dead horses" comment about something that's been beaten to death.    It's takes quite an accumulation of such posts before the "dead horses" comment is used.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not worried about it.

I'm just trying to figure out the mental gymnastics you are contorting yourself with.

But hey, thanks for calling me funny.

If I thought the same of you I'd return the compliment.

The "dead horses" comment obviously bothered you a lot more than what I was commenting about.      I would put as much weight in a compliment as a criticism from, which is ZERO.

Cool, so it is only about what annoys you.

I should have figured that out without help.  Sorry for the confusion.

You seem confused about a lot of things.   It's okay.  Don't worry about it.    You can only use what God gave you.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I agree with that if we do any @btdart20official dealing off the top of the deck before Mullins period of club control runs out, but I like having an All-Star CF while trying to be one of the league's six best teams.

Across 2020-2023, fWAR sees Mullins about 15% better than Reynolds among CF, driven by Defense and Baserunning.    That squares with my general impression Mullins is a genuine up the middle player, while I expect 30-something Reynolds in CF would be ha-ha.    Spot checking 2023 Pirates, I see they've moved him to a corner already.

Reynolds is a few months younger.

CF 2020-2023:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=cf&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2020&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=&enddate=

Elias has said he values defense up the middle.  I wonder how much the two off-seasons have tested his conviction on this with the Mullins/Marlins trade chatter?  As much as I like trading from the top, I'd be shocked if they trade Mullins without having a plan B in place or above market-value return.  I suspect we're buying CF before selling (or seeing big things from Fabian/Haskins).

Industry trend seems to be moving plus hitters but with CF skills to the corner (Acuna, Springer, Trout, Arozarena, Carroll) as a way to save some tread on the tires.  Or in the case of Buxton, to DH to keep him healthy for an extra 2 weeks.  O's don't quite have the luxury of two speed demons patrolling CF and LF/RF.  

On a related note, what dark magic/cult of whatever does Trea Turner bow before to maintain his speed?  Mullins needs convert!