Probable rain out today in Detroit (Update: Game is postponed)

wildcard

I hope we don’t play a DH and just kick the can down the road for a makeup game. DH’s are always tough and it seems like a split is best case scenario. 

A DH hurts us because the bullpen is a big part of our recipe for success. Plus, Adley is our best player and is a Catcher. It’s also hard to stay focused for 18 innings at the level we’ve been playing. 

A rainout today is good for Hays’ injury and for Bautista to get some much needed rest. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hope we don’t play a DH and just kick the can down the road for a makeup game. DH’s are always tough and it seems like a split is best case scenario. 

A DH hurts us because the bullpen is a big part of our recipe for success. Plus, Adley is our best player and is a Catcher. It’s also hard to stay focused for 18 innings at the level we’ve been playing. 

A rainout today is good for Hays’ injury and for Bautista to get some much needed rest. 

We probably play the DH because we don't go back to Detroit again.

Worth noting that both teams have a scheduled off day Monday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't know that the O's are going back to Detroit this year.   I would think they would try to get all 4 games in the series played while they are there.

If they are rained out today that will help the pen with a day off.

McCann has good numbers vs the Detroit lefties.   Adley would probably DH one game and catch the other game of the DoubleHeader.

Yeah, a Monday game is definitely a possibility with the O's only traveling to KC for Tuesday's game and Detroit staying home to start a series with the Mets on Tuesday.

That said, the forecast doesn't look that bad this evening, may only be light rain.

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Then there is the answer. Postpone early today. For the fans and players. Play the game on Monday. 

One problem with that is right now calling for a 70% chance of rain Monday  Tomorrow window till about 7 or 8 pm.Sunday also after 2 PM is a window for the game till rain comes in later in the evening. Of course weather forecasts are unreliable a few days out. My friend said DH tomorrow and might even start at 12:35 but we shall see.

Edited by Going Underground

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mateo is our best player

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

Detroit, cold & wet, April, hip, Hyde can feign caution while we sneak a peek at Henderson & Ortiz.  Cowser up as the twinbill extra man? 

Extra man has to be on the 40-man roster. Even if that weren't the case, an extra reliever makes more sense.

Brian Kenny killed the Angels for putting Shohei out in a mess on Patriots Day.

I'd at least consider asking Grayson to stand down and Voth to start if DET doesn't call it and 630 looks like a bad risk.

Meteorology and baseball are kind of cousins where probabilities are all you get.

Its already a known known some load management is part of Grayson's 2023.

26 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Extra man has to be on the 40-man roster. Even if that weren't the case, an extra reliever makes more sense.

OK, guess I was thinking about how the twin bill call up doesn’t count against  options.  Vespi, Gillaspie or Krehbiel not as exciting as extra man. 🤣

I would also backdate an IL for Hays which would put him next available for Saturday in Atlanta.  Vavra or Stowers up.