Friday, May 5: Orioles in Atlanta trying to win 11th straight series opening game

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd drive Kevin Brown to the airport in a second if Gary Thorne would come back.

Just my opinion, and I loved Gary Thorne...but as far as Im concerned...Kevin Brown is the best announcer weve had since  Jon Miller...I think he is excellent...

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

I didn't like Gary Thorne because he used to get excited when opposing team got a big hit against the O's. He announced like he was announcing to a National audience.

Yeah, Thorne was no Kevin Brown, said no one ever.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it was a bad idea to have him bat leadoff for the first time against someone like Fried.  

Have him bat leadoff in a series against the A's or some other pathetic team.  

Mullins should always leadoff imo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Just my opinion, and I loved Gary Thorne...but as far as Im concerned...Kevin Brown is the best announcer weve had since  Jon Miller...I think he is excellent...

You’re right, it’s your opinion.

Been listening to Geoff and Melanie since the game started.  As usual, difficult to follow, I had to guess what the grandest of salami’s meant bc I hadn’t put together that the bases were loaded and didn’t know what “can we get a reservation?” meant.

Anyway, heard this morning on MLB Central that Fried was best at inducing soft contact.  A couple hard hit balls in the first and second got me excited that maybe we’d beat that.

Holy cow!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I like Brown, overall, he's fine.  But I liked Thorne's golden pipes.  I mean, Thorne could have been broadcasting in Spanish, I wouldn't have cared.

Like I said, I think Brown is fine but sometimes he gets carried away with the pop culture references a little too much for my liking.  But he doesn't have that voice like Jon Miller and Thorne do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Brown, overall, he's fine.  But I liked Thorne's golden pipes.  I mean, Thorne could have been broadcasting in Spanish, I wouldn't have cared.

Like I said, I think Brown is fine but sometimes he gets carried away with the pop culture references a little too much for my liking.  But he doesn't have that voice like Jon Miller and Thorne do.

Half the time, he may well have been.

• Haha 1