Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

That's weird since his "attitude" is what they've been teaching them in the minors.

So maybe Elias needs the attitude adjustment?

Elias went faster with Gunnar coming to bigs than usual whatever the reason .. heck Willie Mays was sent back to minirs his first season, Mickey Mantle etc .. something is off and he is reallly pressing at the plate .  I just think he is tied up in knots right now and is only 21 

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

AS break is a long way away. If he’s still doing this in June then you can start the debate imo. Not May 7th.

I guess you would’ve sent Markakis and Ripken down? And if you were the Mariners… Rodriguez last year?

Should have sent Adley down last year when he spent the first few weeks looking at a bunch of strikes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

AS break is a long way away. If he’s still doing this in June then you can start the debate imo. Not May 7th.

I guess you would’ve sent Markakis and Ripken down? And if you were the Mariners… Rodriguez last year?

Willie Mays went down, Mickey Mantle .. i don’t think him pressing and failing another month is good for him either at 21 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He looks nothing like his stroke last year .. does it help him to be failing game after game .. if he is still under . 200 at AS break? 

That's the strange thing. If he was going to have your fairly normal first one or two months of flailing (Ripken, Markakis, Adley et al), you wd think it would have been out of his system by the end of the '22 season. It's like he's starting all over again now. Getting closer to the very dragged-out Kelenic situation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Elias went faster with Gunnar coming to bigs than usual whatever the reason .. heck Willie Mays was sent back to minirs his first season, Mickey Mantle etc .. something is off and he is reallly pressing at the plate .  I just think he is tied up in knots right now and is only 21 

Yeah, sometimes really good players just need to be reset a bit.  I've given him through the upcoming homestand and if he's still scuffling I think you gotta send him back to Norfolk for a bit.

• Upvote 1