Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

Just now, dystopia said:

Henderson should not be batting 4th right now. Not sure what Hyde was smoking when he filled out the lineup today. 

That RMC at bat was awful. Team fail there. 

Mountcastle 3 and Henderson 4 is just typical awful lineup management by the Orioles. You have two guys who can be struck out. One with his knucklehead swing at everything until you get a center cut breaking ball approach and another who can't hit with two strikes.

Gunnar needs an attitude adjustment as well as finding his hitting approach .. he is taking WAY too many pitches, needs to be more aggressive and his stroke just looks off to me .. send him to Norfolk, bring up Westburg or Ortiz and let Urias play more 

Just now, dystopia said:

Henderson should not be batting 4th right now. Not sure what Hyde was smoking when he filled out the lineup today. 

That RMC at bat was awful. Team fail there. 

That would also be Elias and Sig w their analytical machines filling out that lineup card.

Just now, tntoriole said:

Gunnar needs an attitude adjustment as well as finding his hitting approach .. he is taking WAY too many pitches, needs to be more aggressive and his stroke just looks off to me .. send him to Norfolk, bring up Westburg or Ortiz and let Urias play more 

I think he should be up here, but probably not batting cleanup.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Henderson simply looks overmatched too often 

We are getting close to the point that he will need to start producing. I figured he would get six weeks but he does look overmatched too often. I still think he's going to be good (though I have legitimate concerns about him facing left-handed pitching) but he may need a bit of a reset f he can't get it going. 

The Orioles have been able to survive his inability to put the bat on the ball so far because of his ability to walk, but you can't be one of the worse fielders in the league (OOA wise) and not hit for too long. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

That's weird since his "attitude" is what they've been teaching them in the minors.

So maybe Elias needs the attitude adjustment?

Just now, tntoriole said:

He looks nothing like his stroke last year .. does it help him to be failing game after game .. if he is still under . 200 at AS break? 

AS break is a long way away. If he’s still doing this in June then you can start the debate imo. Not May 7th.

I guess you would’ve sent Markakis and Ripken down? And if you were the Mariners… Rodriguez last year?

Just now, LA2 said:

All that said, we must remember that Elder came into the game with a 1.75 ERA and average of 6 innings pitched per start (6 starts). He threw a CG SHO last season.

No doubt he's very good. But last I checked, Mountcastle gets paid too and swings at balls inside at his ankles making 1-2 instead of 2-1 is a junk approach, not some great pitching.

• Upvote 1