Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

This has been a really good game and a very competitive series. I'm not saying that we are as good as the Braves or that we can win a World Series as currently constructed. But I hope that this series is showing Elias that we can go toe to toe with anyone and if we get some guys back from the IL and make a necessary pitching addition, we can make some serious noise in the Fall. We don't need to wait until next year. Our time to seriously win has arrived!

59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Here's the thing with Stowers. He can be awful 2 or 3 at bats and then hit a 420 foot home run in that fourth at bat. He's definitely a guy that will look very bad at the plate at times. then again, he always hit left-handers better than right-handers in his career but Hyde refuse to bat him against left-handers after the 5th inning.

Why are you so high on this guy?  Seems like you are always lobbying for him.  He hasn't shown me anything yet.  Granted he's only had about 100 ABs in the bigs, but reminds me of DJ Stewart who I hated to watch.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Braves, we'll draft Shuster, Strider and Elder in the 2020 draft and rebuild our pitching staff by 2023. 

The Orioles. We'll draft a bunch of hitters, stack them at AAA and move the left field wall back to attract pitchers. Then go out and get Gibson and Irvin. 

By 20 the Braves had Acuna, Riley, Swanson, Albies and Freeman already on the MLB roster. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah that was an absolute meatball. Elevated spinner, begging to be launched. He didn’t even flinch.

These dudes look like they’re ready for a day off or something today. Really ugly.

He clearly got fooled. It happens to the best of them. 

Os have played well this series and are proving they can at least hang with teams like this, regardless of the outcome of this game. 

Just now, gshepherd7 said:

Why are you so high on this guy?  Seems like you are always lobbying for him.  He hasn't shown me anything yet.  Granted he's only had about 100 ABs in the bigs, but reminds me of DJ Stewart who I hated to watch.

God forgive you for that.  Comparing him to DJ Stewart?  The guy who knocked himself out diving for a ball in left field?  That guy?   Stowers is way better than DJ.  DJ was just a muscle.  He had no baseball talent.  

Just now, gshepherd7 said:

He’s never been given a shot, really.

He crushed left handers all of last year. He’s a high K, high power guy, definitely one of the bigger raw power outfielders in the organization.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think it’s safe to say that Gunnar should not be hitting cleanup. I’m pro-leaving him in the lineup but let’s not get crazy again Hyder. 

They switched left-right - left -right. 

Frazier 6, Stowers 8th today. 

2 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Okay Gunnar needs to go to AAA. I'm convinced Westburg gives us a better chance right now. Poses no threat at the plate whatsoever. 

Gunnar does look shockingly lost.  I want to keep him up but would not cry if they sent him down.  The kid needs to settle down.  

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

He clearly got fooled. It happens to the best of them. 

Os have played well this series and are proving they can at least hang with teams like this, regardless of the outcome of this game. 

It was just that it followed him swinging and missing a fastball that was 8 inches below the zone. Not close. A ball out of the hand.