Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Man, the Braves drafted Strider in the 4th round and Elder in the 5th round in 2020 (Orioles drafted Mayo and the fragile Baumler and gave them over three times the amount of money). 

We discuss that Elias is good at drafting, but the Braves show how to draft a pitching staff. 

I will add develop too-draft and develop.

Mullins had a real nice take 2-2 to get to 3-2, but that was a nice pitch under the hands for strike 3. It's no fun, but I can understand just getting struck out with a good pitch vs Mountcasle swinging at 1-1 pitch at his ankles because he has no approach.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's always going to be frustrating when the Orioles leave a bunch of RISP. It's just a frustrating game to watch.

Definitely a very frustrating game to watch, for Braves fans too I’d imagine. And I think it’s just the nature of a game thread in general, but it’s also a little amusing 

Just now, SemperFi said:

I will add develop too-draft and develop.

No doubt. The Braves and Ray are at the top of the game. I do think the Orioles have done a good job, but to be fair, literally Rutschman, who was a no doubter 1-1 draft pick, is the only guy Elias has drafted in 5 years that is performing well at the major league level.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

No doubt. The Braves and Ray are at the top of the game. I do think the Orioles have done a good job, but to be fair, literally Rutschman, who was a no doubter 1-1 draft pick, is the only guy Elias has drafted in 5 years that is performing well at the major league level.

Thats one way to spin the number one minor league system in baseball.  LOL

The Braves, we'll draft Shuster, Strider and Elder in the 2020 draft and rebuild our pitching staff by 2023. 

The Orioles. We'll draft a bunch of hitters, stack them at AAA and move the left field wall back to attract pitchers. Then go out and get Gibson and Irvin. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gurgi said:

Thats one way to spin the number one minor league system in baseball.  LOL

He's not wrong.

Elias has shown a remarkable reticence toward promoting guys to the majors.  If guys hang out in the minors putting up big numbers it helps that system ranking but does nothing for the ML squad.

• Upvote 1