Moves the Orioles should make tomorrow

seak05

38 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Since being demoted, Irvin has given up 17 hits, 8 walks, and 15 earned runs to AAA hitters in less than 13 innings pitched. Whatever he was supposed to figure out by being sent down, he hasn’t. You think that “length” is going to play any better against the Rays or Yankees? 

That is just complete made up garbage.   Those are not real numbers.   He's pitched 24 innings, and given up 10 earned runs and 3 walks.

He hasn't been great but you can't just put up ridiculously bad, pretend numbers.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

At this point, after a tough series loss and the bullpen spent with the team leading our division coming to town tomorrow, the Orioles need bullpen reinforcements, not position players.

It might be time to call up Vespi for help.

Is there some rule in MLB that you can't send a position player down for a pitcher? Because it's still a 26 man roster and in OOTP 24 that has the same rules as real life, you can do that.  If I was the Orioles and I could swap a 3rd catcher for a bullpen arm, I'd do that in a heartbeat for this situation.

I could be wrong, but I think that teams can only carry a maximum of 13 pitchers according to current rules.

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Doesn’t the C has an option ?

No options left for Torrens. But considering that he hasn't appeared in a game yet (including today's game when Adley was supposed to be off), it wouldn't surprise me at all if they DFA him and hope that nobody would want to take on his contract. Then we can stash him in Norfolk, like we did previously with Bemboom and O'Hearn.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

If you want the MLB stats, you would have to change it from Minor Leagues to Major Leagues to see his Orioles stat line.

The splits which the previous poster used to give those terrible numbers are just from the majors as they match identically with his major league numbers.  So the last 7 games split listed don’t include his minor league numbers. 

4 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I could be wrong, but I think that teams can only carry a maximum of 13 pitchers according to current rules.

Yes you can only carry 13 pitchers at any point which makes it harder to use the Norfolk shuttle like the past.  I would love to see a rule that you can carry only 13 pitchers but you have say 10 days during the season you can add an extra pitcher and go 14 pitchers 12 positional goes for that day.  It would put some strategy into it to use the extra pitcher at certain points but if you use them all up in the first half of season you are stuck at 13 rest of way.  Tomorrow would be a perfect spot to use that rule to your advantage as the bullpen is bit short.  

22 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yes you can only carry 13 pitchers at any point which makes it harder to use the Norfolk shuttle like the past.  I would love to see a rule that you can carry only 13 pitchers but you have say 10 days during the season you can add an extra pitcher and go 14 pitchers 12 positional goes for that day.  It would put some strategy into it to use the extra pitcher at certain points but if you use them all up in the first half of season you are stuck at 13 rest of way.  Tomorrow would be a perfect spot to use that rule to your advantage as the bullpen is bit short.  

Thanks for the info.

15 hours ago, SteveA said:

That is just complete made up garbage.   Those are not real numbers.   He's pitched 24 innings, and given up 10 earned runs and 3 walks.

He hasn't been great but you can't just put up ridiculously bad, pretend numbers.

My bad, I take that back. I misread his AAA numbers on my phone. (The numbers I quoted weren’t made up, those are apparently his MLB stats this year). Agreed that he has looked better of late. I hope he turns it around, I like the Irvin trade. 

Edited by InsideCoroner
  • Upvote 1