Mother's Day: Orioles go for a sweep of the Pirates

SteveA

18 minutes ago, Dibbs31 said:

Offense has been pretty bad for awhile. Luckily the pitching has been great at the same time. Need to figure out the offense soon as this pitching probably isn't sustainable

Westburg and Cowser. Bench Frazier, put Santander at DH on days Cowser starts. Lineup would be so much better.

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

All the Stowers Stans have been so quiet lately. Why is that

Pretty sure most people just wanted to see Stowers get his shot. Especially because playing time will become an increasingly scarce commodity going forward.

Glad he's getting a run right now. Let the cards (edit: fall) where they may.

Edited by Alasdaire

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Seems like perfect timing to go Cowser for Stowers tomorrow.

If this was last year I'd be inclined to give Stowers more ABs. But this year is about wins and the playoffs, and 2 for 28 with 10 Ks means the O's have to try another option. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

If this was last year I'd be inclined to give Stowers more ABs. But this year is about wins and the playoffs, and 2 for 28 with 10 Ks means the O's have to try another option. 

I know rookies struggle but that is a hugely epic amount of total suck.  Hard to live with that.  

5 minutes ago, vab said:

Man, if we ever get one of these Keller types.....

The thing is Keller was just a Bradish or Kremer previously.   A guy with pretty good stuff but nothing special.   He’s 27.  Sometimes it takes time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I know rookies struggle but that is a hugely epic amount of total suck.  Hard to live with that.  

He's just not showing signs of being able to hit ML pitching. There is no guarantee that Cowser will do better, but the O's have to try something else

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

Is it sexist and demeaning to women to assume every woman likes pink and floral prints?  What about the ones that really like the regular Orioles unis and colors?

If you look hard enough you can always find something to be offended by, even if by nature it isn't nefarious.