Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

Saw her walking around Columbia Mall when she was set to appear at Merriweather Post, mid-90's.  Had a bodyguard with her bigger than the Mountain (Oriole or Game of Thrones, take your pick).  Not approachable.

Edited by NCRaven

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Saw her walking around Columbia Mall when she was set to appear at Merriweather Post, mid-90's.  Had a bodyguard with her bigger than the Mountain (Oriole or Game of Thrones, take your pick).  Not approachable.

She was probably worried about getting slimed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4kqcEv_PoVFIV3Iea5vs

Edited by Can_of_corn

I wish there was a way to see if someone had a different OH screen name before. I realize it doesn’t work if someone uses two different email addys to register, but it sure would save me a lot of time figuring out whose opinion to ignore. 😀  (I rarely /ignore posters, right now I think there are only two serial offenders that just don’t provide me with anything either useful or entertaining)

51 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I actually think I insulted OldFan in some way but I can't remember why I would've.  I'm pretty positive I deserved the infraction lol.  I always liked Greg even after that.  

ScottieBaseball dinged me twice, once for blaming something on George Bush.  My crime was breaking the no politics rule.  Bush was president at the time and I blamed everything on him although that didn't necessarily need to be about politics.  Often it was that George Bush reminded me of every entitled, drunken Texas frat boy I detested while I was at TCU and he was always in the news so I couldn't escape him.  But.... unpersuasive.

My second infraction came, I believe, for calling someone a "ridiculous twat".  I don't remember if it was another poster or someone else, but there is a no name-calling rule here.  And rightly so no matter how richly deserved (or accurate) it might be.

I think there have been two major changes in hosting software in the fifteen years I've been posting and it looks like this latest iteration makes neg repping no longer a blood sport (not that it ever was much of one in the first place).  So no harm, no foul Chelsea Phil.  It's really no big deal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I actually think I insulted OldFan in some way but I can't remember why I would've.  I'm pretty positive I deserved the infraction lol.  I always liked Greg even after that.  

OldFan could be maddening.  He produced some epic posts, though.  Some of my favorites were: How a certain player "didn't have a good name for baseball," how "walks weren't manly," and how people shouldn't bring children to the stadium.  He was the living embodiment of the meme "old man shakes fist at cloud."  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I remember first posting here.  @DrungoHazewood intimidated the **** out of me.  

No, I am not joking when I say that.

My favorite OH move was sponsoring the Nick Markakis baseball reference page for like 100 bucks a year.  Except on the dedication page I said that I was OldFan on the Orioles Hangout and that he was my favorite player.  

@DrungoHazewood still intimidates me... he is also my favorite poster.  My one disagreement with him over all these years has been the inexplicable shade he threw on "Field of Dreams" by not recognizing it as the greatest movie of all time.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BRobinsonfan said:

@DrungoHazewood still intimidates me... he is also my favorite poster.  My one disagreement with him over all these years has been the inexplicable shade he threw on "Field of Dreams" by not recognizing it as the greatest movie of all time.   

I thought the book was better.

Movie wimped out on not having J. D. Salinger.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BRobinsonfan said:

There was probably some obscure baseball film from the 1890's that he liked better. 

• Haha 2