If you were Adley, what contract terms would you agree to today if offered?

kidrock

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't get the Boras fixation. 

Boras does have a colorful way of describing extensions that buy out FA years

Great young players are getting what I call “snuff contracts.” And a snuff contract is that they’re trying to snuff out the market. They know the player is a great player, and he’s exhibited very little performance. So they’re coming to him at 20 and 21, and I’m going to snuff out your ability to move, to go anywhere, to do anything, and your value. And I’m going to pay you maybe 40 cents on the dollar to do it. What’s my risk?

Adley isn't 20/21 and he isn't a Boras client but I'm guessing his agents know that if he wants to maximize his value he cannot sign any contract that prevents him from hitting FA at 29/30.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't get the Boras fixation. 

Truthfully, I don't either but SG said, I don’t understand why people keep saying he “probably won’t accept these offers”.

I was just stating the implied reason, Boras has created that myth over the year.

4 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Truthfully, I don't either but SG said, I don’t understand why people keep saying he “probably won’t accept these offers”.

I was just stating the implied reason, Boras has created that myth over the year.

And yet, these deals are regularly signed.

• Upvote 1