Saturday Afternoon May 20: Orioles at Blue Jays

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Totally agree, Che. I think only average to below average players should run. 

Agreed. I'm fine with a superstar running in the postseason, but can't say I want my best player out for 2 months after a botched stolen base attempt on May 20th.

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

This is such weird usage for Cole Irvin. This seems like a Cionel Perez situation, but what do I know?

I'm guessing Irvin goes down tomorrow and Givens comes off the IL.  So use Irvin today and have a rested Perez tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

I believe Hyde is making the individual bullpen decisions, but "let's try Cole Irvin as a situational guy to bring in with runners on" really feels like an organizational decision, right?

Or he thinks we are likely to lose and doesn’t want to burn more of the pen

2 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Agreed. I'm fine with a superstar running in the postseason, but can't say I want my best player out for 2 months after a botched stolen base attempt on May 20th.

Totes. I would hate to see Mullins stop stealing bases. And I think the amount of superstars that have had terrible injuries while stealing bases is at a really high clip. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I believe Hyde is making the individual bullpen decisions, but "let's try Cole Irvin as a situational guy to bring in with runners on" really feels like an organizational decision, right?

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Or he thinks we are likely to lose and doesn’t want to burn more of the pen

Yeah, I think Irvin there was a "now that we're down 2 we're likely to lose, so let's use our lower leverage guys to finish the game" move.