Kremer and Bradish are playoff starters

wildcard

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hey, I am doing pretty well.  I said 92 wins before the season started.   Looks like I may be a little low.

What did you guess before the season started? Objectively and rationally.

I didn’t make a wins prediction. But they are doing better than I thought after the pretty disappointing offseason. I hope you are right and commend you for your positivity and optimism.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of guys can look good against the best offenses in a random game during the year.

Can they do it when the bright lights are on them after throwing 170+ innings?  That’s a totally different question and one we have no answer for.

I’m sonewhat optimistic about these two.  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m sonewhat optimistic about these two.  

A sone 

1. a unit of subjective loudness, equal to 40 phons.

A phon

1. a unit of the perceived loudness of sounds.

A loud bathroom vent fan is about 4 sones, quiet is below 1.5 sones. I just couldn't help myself lol. 😂

49 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of guys can look good against the best offenses in a random game during the year.

Can they do it when the bright lights are on them after throwing 170+ innings?  That’s a totally different question and one we have no answer for.

Yeah and lots of TOR types also crap the bed in the playoffs .. i have seen plenty of middle starters do fantastic in playoffs and plenty of TORs flame out. 
Just because you go get some TOR guarantees absolutely nothing. 

5 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I like Bradish, frankly though he was very lucky today.  Felt like the last 3 innings were all hard contact.  That lineup is pretty stacked right now though. 

He was pretty dominant the first 4 innings.  HIs best piece of luck was Mountcastle making a good play to start a 3-6-1 DP.

Just now, Pickles said:

If you accept the premise, then they already do, as Bradish and Kremer have only been their 3rd and 4th best starters.

I contend the Orioles need a strong #2 or #1 (if possible) to anchor the rotation. Not one starting pitcher in this starting rotation gives me full confidence being the game one opener in the wildcard or ALDS round at least for now. Maybe that changes by September.

John Means is a pitcher I do have confidence in, but it's not realistic to expect him to be that guy this season. Also Means had a setback last week, so who knows when he's even ready to pitch in a live game.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I contend the Orioles need a strong #2 or #1 (if possible) to anchor the rotation. Not one starting pitcher in this starting rotation gives me full confidence being the game one opener in the wildcard or ALDS round at least for now. Maybe that changes by September.

John Means is a pitcher I do have confidence in, but it's not realistic to expect him to be that guy this season. Also Means had a setback last week, so who knows when he's even ready to pitch in a live game.

I think we would all agree that we don't have a true Ace.  However, so far we've had 4 solid starting pitchers.  As we saw in 2014, sometime's that can be enough.

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I contend the Orioles need a strong #2 or #1 (if possible) to anchor the rotation.

What would be ideal is for the #1-#2 punch at the top of the rotation to be a combo of RHP and LHP.  It seems that the teams who are most successful have those guys to lead their rotation.

And I agree with your statement about John Means. If Grayson Rodriguez were to provide us with any indicator, then John Means will not be the same guy that he was before his injury.  (Neither is Grayson compared to himself prior to injury.)

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hey, I am doing pretty well.  I said 92 wins before the season started.   Looks like I may be a little low.

What did you guess before the season started? Objectively and rationally.

With that logic how many times recently have you been a lot low? Even the blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

Edited by Roll Tide

11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Whether they will start playoff games (the original postulate..)

Or will successfully start playoff games...

Are two different questions.

Given the current situation.. it is likely that Bradish and Kremer will start playoff games.