Memorial Day, May 29: Guardians come to town

SteveA

Just now, bpilktree said:

They hit a bunch of ground balls and none were really hit hard.  Sometimes the ball finds holes.  That the problem when you don’t score.  

Ah, some of them were.  They got unlucky on 2 of them though.

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Inexcusable lazy ass play by Frazier and McCann. This team is asleep and needs to be chewed out by Hyde.

Frazier double clutched and made a bad throw, McCann still should have caught that though.  In the end, almost the whole team played like shit today.  Regroup tomorrow and hopefully take the next 2.

I can see some fall to earth for this squad. Kinda started with Texas. 

The offense needs help. It's painfully obvious that Mateo, Mckenna, McCann, Mountcastle, O'Hearn can all be replaced by something better. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

One of the lowest scoring teams in MLB.   3.4 rpg, tied with Oakland for worst in MLB.    Only one batter on the entire roster has an OPS+ of over 100 (100 is average).

Well .. we have helped them with that today. 

5 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Even with his issues, I suspect DL Hall would still be better than Perez is right now. Maybe the club want to exhaust all options at him starting, but he might be our best shot at having an impact lefty out of the pen.

In May he had ERa of 1 his whip was. .899 and teams were hitting .178.  He has been very good in May coming into today and it wasn’t like they pounded him today.  

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

I can see some fall to earth for this squad. Kinda started with Texas. 

The offense needs help. It's painfully obvious that Mateo, Mckenna, McCann, Mountcastle, O'Hearn can all be replaced by something better. 

Yeah but replacing them starts the clock on prospects.   Also Elias is hinting about trading a bunch of them for Starting pitching.  Maybe you dont want to take the bloom off the rose by bringing a guy up and having him suck in his MLB debut when you want to deal him with the rep as a top prospect.  

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I originally thought the McCann acquisition made a lot of sense and the Frazier acquisition made none. I've changed my mind on both. McCann reminded me of Severino on that last botched "catch." 

He catches the ball like Mountcastle.  Just ineptly stabs at the ball.  Misses and looks awful

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Yeah but replacing them starts the clock on prospects.   Also Elias is hinting about trading a bunch of them for Starting pitching.  Maybe you dont want to take the bloom off the rose by bringing a guy up and having him suck in his MLB debut when you want to deal him with the rep as a top prospect.  

Other teams are not stupid.

4 minutes ago, Winter said:

wonder if Elias & Hyde do a shake up after Cleveland gets done turning their season around by beating on us in this series. 

Something needs to be done to wake this team up. Not expecting perfection but maybe play slightly better than this ****show today