Tuesday, May 30th: Orioles continue vs the Guardians, without Cedric Mullins

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Maybe Gunnar will be the guy to step up in Cedric's absence.

I don’t think that he is going to hit .200 the entire season. Eventually he will adjust to Big League pitching (as it appears he’s start to do). And he will gain more confidence as he does so.

Gunnar heating up would definitely help the Orioles right now. It's not going to happen but Gunnar in CF is an interesting thought (if the Orioles are going to continue to have to many IF). By sprint speed he's actually the second fastest Oriole (after Mateo)

8 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

What I mean is 94-95 I feel like isn't even an above average velocity now for a FB, if you like at baseballsavant and stuff like that? 

Whereas my brain any time it sees a pitcher throwing consistently 94-95 still thinks, ah, he's got a very good arm. 

I get it, I think people just forget that velocity =/= the ability to actually pitch. Guys swing through 93 like it's 99 if the pitch is good. Your brain isn't wrong, 94-95 is a very good arm ;)

1 minute ago, Pat Kelly said:

Mountcastle and Mateo probably have the worst strike zone management on the team.  Hope Ryan at least can figure things out - seems reluctant to make adjustments. 

Mountcastle is who he's going to be. The good and the bad.

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Gunnar heating up would definitely help the Orioles right now. It's not going to happen but Gunnar in CF is an interesting thought (if the Orioles are going to continue to have to many IF). By sprint speed he's actually the second fastest Oriole (after Mateo)

He probably could play CF but he hasnt done it yet. By the time he's ready to do it, Cowser/Stowers/Haskin/Mullins would be ready and they've been doing it longer.

13 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Is Gibby going to make it 6? Then who do we go to? Baumann?

Baker hasn't pitched since Saturday, so we probably see him for an inning.

Coulombe pitched Sunday but it was just 3 pitches, so we probably see him for an inning.