Tuesday June 6: Orioles at Milwaukee

FlaO'sFan

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Sophomore slumps are a thing in all sports. The league adjusts to your tendencies and you have to adjust back. I’m confident Adley will.

But how is throwing inaccuracy something the league has adjusted to besides them knowing they can run at will on him. Rutschman's accuracy has been awful this year. He's constantly short hopping throws or throwing to the wrong side of the base.

That's all on him. He's actually hitting better than he did as a rookie OPS wise.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Mountcastle still has minor league options I think.  Send him down till he learns how to work a count and how to scoop a ball in the dirt.   He really is not helping us and with the new deep wall in left.  Give his spot to Lester

No, we’re not demoting Mountcastle for Lester. Our only hope is Kjersted late in the season, which I doubt that will happen 

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Mountcastle still has minor league options I think.  Send him down till he learns how to work a count and how to scoop a ball in the dirt.   He really is not helping us and with the new deep wall in left.  Give his spot to Lester

Depends what your goal is Mountcastle mashes LHP with a 1.017 OPS, so he could be a platoon player if Elias thinks that gives the Orioles the best chance to win.

Or if Elias is more interested in player development then you play Mountcastle at Norfolk to improve against RHP and his pitch selection at the plate.

My vote is Mountcastle stays on the team, but now platoons against LHP and pinch hits against southpaw relief pitchers.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s