Friday June 16: an afternoon at Wrigley Field

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cause it's awesome watching this team without him.

I guess you hit the head when Mateo is up?

Cause that's about as pretty as your mom.

And yes I know he had a hit last inning, Mountcastle gets the occasional hit as well.

Edited by Can_of_corn

Glad Hyde had the quick hook on Irvin. Absolute garbage inning getting jacked up w those HRs

Thankfully we came back and are in this game. Take no chances and bring in Baumann 

When can Grod come back up?

Irvin not looking like a good Elias move right now.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I guess you hit the head when Mateo is up?

Cause that's about as pretty as your mom.

I don't mind watching Mateo suffer at the plate because I know he can pick it in the field at SS.  Makes him tolerable.

A "your mom" joke is about as original from you as your hipster taste in music.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I don't mind watching Mateo suffer at the plate because I know he can pick it in the field at SS.  Makes him tolerable.

A "your mom" joke is about as original from you as your hipster taste in music.

Wasn't going for original, much like your taste in music.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The differences are numerous.

1. Can be younger
  2. Can be less expensive
  3. Eliminates the possibility of choice from the player
  4. Can be a shorter duration commitment

It makes no sense at all to just mention free agents that under performed as a reason to not trade for someone.

The sense is:

1. The cost of starting pitching is high whether in terms of money spent or prospects traded.
  2. Pitchers are notoriously prone to serious injuries and liable to fall off for various other reasons.

Reasonable minds can disagree as to how much risk is worth taking and which route is practical.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

The sense is:

1. The cost of starting pitching is high whether in terms of money spent or prospects traded.
  2. Pitchers are notoriously prone to serious injuries and liable to fall off for various other reasons.

Reasonable minds can disagree as to how much risk is worth taking and which route is practical.

Cost is relative.

If I have a lot more of something than I need it isn't "expensive" for me to give some of it up.

Just now, SteveA said:

So what was it, a bloop that the runner on first had to hold up on and it dropped right in front of Santander and he threw to 2nd for the force?

Degree of difficulty?

Santander sprang on ball and threw a strike to second.  After he missed the ball he made a pretty difficult play.  It looked pretty. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

So what was it, a bloop that the runner on first had to hold up on and it dropped right in front of Santander and he threw to 2nd for the force?

Degree of difficulty?

Tony feet first slid and it hit his glove. Picked it up and threw to second. Easily thrown out. Degree of difficulty to catch...5/10?