Saturday, June 17: Orioles at Cubs

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, this game is a circus.

Blind umpire, 8 inch mitt's on hand, and the Orioles who have decided that these mediocre Cubs pitchers can dominate them. 

lmao you smoke to soon, it can be get worse. 

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Cubs suck and we are gonna get swept. 

How many times have people in these game threads and on the board said "we're going to get swept"?    Over and over again.   And it hasn't happened once.   I guess I just don't get the negative mentality, we've got a game tomorrow vs a bad pitcher.   If we lose today, which we haven't yet, we still have a very good chance to win tomorrow.   Why do people constantly talk about the worst case scenario?

You may wind up being right.   After dozens and dozens of posts lke yours predicitng a sweep, someone is bound to be right eventually.   But I just don't get why people are so quick to go there.    If we win the first game of a series there aren't nearly as many posts talking about how we are going to get a sweep.

Guess I don't understand the need to go to the most negative case all the time.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

CJ Buckner can't even count. How does this happen? This is twice we've seen this this year. How does a major league umpire crew not know the counts?

Even more bizarre it seemed like Hays didn't know the count either haha. He just stood there like he was getting ready for the next pitch.

Just now, SteveA said:

How many times have people in these game threads and on the board said "we're going to get swept"?    Over and over again.   And it hasn't happened once.   I guess I just don't get the negative mentality, we've got a game tomorrow vs a bad pitcher.   If we lose today, which we haven't yet, we still have a very good chance to win tomorrow.   Why do people constantly talk about the worst case scenario?

You may wind up being right.   After dozens and dozens of posts lke yours predicitng a sweep, someone is bound to be right eventually.   But I just don't get why people are so quick to go there.    If we win the first game of a series there aren't nearly as many posts talking about how we are going to get a sweep.

Guess I don't understand the need to go to the most negative case all the time.

Agree with this post but you’re fighting an uphill battle LOL. 

Just now, Malike said:

Even more bizarre it seemed like Hays didn't know the count either haha. He just stood there like he was getting ready for the next pitch.

i think he was just in shock over it not being called a strike to be honest.