Tuesday, June 20: First of 2 big games in Tropicana Dome

SteveA

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Something is off about Jim's microphone. Either the audio engineer needs to mix it at a higher volume, or Jim the .ic needs to be closer to his mouth because it's difficult to hear him at parts of thr broadcast.

*the mic needs to be closer 

13 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

What a great way to start a game.  When Hicks hit that homerun I let out an odd sounding happy shriek that my wife said sounded like a little girl.  The joy was so sudden and unexpected.  

I was driving home from work, pounded the ceiling of my car in celebration.

BTW, Scott Garceau on the radio pbp -- not bad actually.   No problem knowing exactly what was going on every time there was a play, unlike with Melanie.   He didn't identify any pitches (fastball/curveball/etc) but he kept up with the action and I never was left wondering what would happen.  (One foul pop went into the stands "about 3 rows deep" and he never said whether it was on the 1B or 3B side, but I really don't care that much).

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Once again people have to jump to the worst possiblility.   We're 44-27, why always go to the sky is falling scenario?

Let's add some runs!

It is one of my reverse jinx things which a lot of times works.