Vote Adley!

Spakman

2 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I'd be tickled pink if AR got a four day rest.  I want to win the World Series.  

I don't know if any team has won the World Series because someone got snubbed for an all-star game in July and got a 4 day rest that propelled him into October on a high note.

Edited by Moose Milligan
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know if any team has won the World Series because someone got snubbed for an all-star game in July and got a 4 day rest that propelled him into October on a high note.

Also, Adley isn't going to get that rest anyway.  He's going to make the team either way unless there is a major snub - both he and Heim will.  The vote is just a matter of which one starts.  I'd prefer to see Adley start because its a cool recognition, but he's not going to get any rest either way.

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, wtf is this phase 2 voting bs? 

How is it that Adley crushes EVERYONE but then has to go through the process again, only to see the other team stuff the ballot boxes?

Trying to encourage more fan engagement I guess.  The top vote getter in each league got a pass to starting (Acuna and Ohtani) so if you truly crush everyone (not just position) then you're in.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Trying to encourage more fan engagement I guess.  The top vote getter in each league got a pass to starting (Acuna and Ohtani) so if you truly crush everyone (not just position) then you're in.

I’m sure there is some financial gain in it for MLB.

12 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Despite the slump, I thought it would be a landslide for Adley with all the recognition he gets. How does the average fan even know who Heim is?

Lots of Texas fans voting, I suppose.  Honestly he probably deserves to be selected.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m sure there is some financial gain in it for MLB.

I’m sure it’s just to keep people interested.  And actually, it probably makes it harder for somebody to win by one team’s fans stuffing the ballot box, compared to the old method.   

If I had my way, there wouldn’t be any voting until about now, and nobody wouid be allowed to vote more than once.