Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

22 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 59 rarity score

Reveal hidden contents

Raul Mondesi, Duke Snider, Don Sutton

Rey Ordonez, Eddie Murray, David Wright

Tony Fernandez, Jose Canseco, Roger Clemens

Got a 92 on that one.  I wasn’t expecting Fernando Valenzuela to be the most popular Dodger at 29%.  I also had Joe Carter for 25% as Blue Jays 300 homer guy.  

I did enjoy using Eddie Murray and Frank Robinson in my other two Dodgers squares.  

• Upvote 1

9/9, 36

Spoiler

Chris Sabo, Vada Pinson, Josh Hamilton

Russ Ortiz, Ralph Garr, Dansby Swanson

Austin Wynns, Bill Terry, Tim Lincecum

I was very proud of the Austin Wynns pull.   I was going to use Will Clark, but I keep getting Will Clark and Jack Clark confused and didn't want to blow it with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I hate to brag but I got 9/9 in about 2 minutes (maybe less).

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 231 9/9:
Rarity: 29
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Lee May, Vada Pinson, Nick Senzel

Earl Williams, Rico Carty, Steve Avery

Stu Miller, Mel Ott, Madison Bumgarner

Good for you.  I wouldn’t have known that Stu Miller played for the Giants or that Steve Avery was a first round pick (though I’m not surprised he was).   

But do you really hate to brag?  😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Good for you.  I wouldn’t have known that Stu Miller played for the Giants or that Steve Avery was a first round pick (though I’m not surprised he was).   

But do you really hate to brag?  😉

To tell the truth I got totally lucky on Stu Miller.  There’s a story that it was so windy at Candlestick that he got blown off the mound.  In my mind I thought of him as a Giant but I believe the story involved the all-star game so actually I didn’t really know he played for them.

It would have been possible to complete all 9 squares today using guys who played for the Orioles.   I tried, but failed.   It is still my ultimate goal.   Some day....

Obviously the Oriole column would have all Orioles in it.

For the .300 hitters you could go Frank for the Reds, Javy Lopez for the Braves, and Will Clark for the Giants.

For the first round draft pick it gets tough... I didn't know Ross Grimsley was a first round pick.   He could fill the Reds square, Jeffrey Hammonds the Giant square, and Earl Williams the Braves square.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

It would have been possible to complete all 9 squares today using guys who played for the Orioles.   I tried, but failed.   It is still my ultimate goal.   Some day....

Obviously the Oriole column would have all Orioles in it.

For the .300 hitters you could go Frank for the Reds, Javy Lopez for the Braves, and Will Clark for the Giants.

For the first round draft pick it gets tough... I didn't know Ross Grimsley was a first round pick.   He could fill the Reds square, Jeffrey Hammonds the Giant square, and Earl Williams the Braves square.

I wasn’t sure if the first round pick had to be from that team. For example, would Gausman have counted for Cincinnati?