Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

For some reason, Bruce Chen just jumped into my head as someone who also played with Toronto but I got that one wrong..prevented me from getting a perfect score.

Maybe you thought that cause he pitched for KC and they both have blue in their colors.  My mind works that way sometimes.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe you thought that cause he pitched for KC and they both have blue in their colors.  My mind works that way sometimes.

That was immediately what I thought of when I did it but even in the moment, I said to myself, he pitched for KC, so don’t mix that up but I was sure Toronto was one of the 75 teams he pitched for.

So, even though I thought of that, I’m sure that’s exactly what happened anyway.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, looking at the BR page afterwards, I completely forgot Joe Carter played for us in 98.

So did I until I saw Moose post his pic in the High Water Mark thread. Somehow I forgot all about his 11 homers and negative WAR. But we really used to be the final dumping ground of once-decent players. So many guys like Ron Kittle, Keith Moreland, Greg Walker, Ernie Whitt, Sammy Sosa came and quickly went into retirement (plus Colby MF Rasmus).

2 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

So did I until I saw Moose post his pic in the High Water Mark thread. Somehow I forgot all about his 11 homers and negative WAR. But we really used to be the final dumping ground of once-decent players. So many guys like Ron Kittle, Keith Moreland, Greg Walker, Ernie Whitt, Sammy Sosa came and quickly went into retirement (plus Colby MF Rasmus).

Vladdy..years after Flanny deemed him a luxury. 🤬🤬🤬

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

110.  My Orioles/Rangers pick is at 0.005%.  The rest of the picks aren't so hot.

My correct answer for A’s 3000 hits was only a little better than getting that question wrong.  The only way to score on that question is to have a good grasp on which old timers played on the Philadelphia A’s at some point in their careers.   I didn’t.  So, I scored 140 with a 9/9 grid, well more than half my points coming from that answer.  

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

110.  My Orioles/Rangers pick is at 0.005%.  The rest of the picks aren't so hot.

And I thought, I made a good choice with Harold Baines at 0.9% today for Rangers/Orioles. 259 score for today. Could have done better, I made the mistake of assuming Ken Singleton and John Olerud won a silver slugger award during their careers.

image.thumb.png.15d41c52e168391441c17dc4ad5022d5.png

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And I thought, I made a good choice with Harold Baines at 0.9% today for Rangers/Orioles. 259 score for today. Could have done better, I made the mistake of assuming Ken Singleton and John Olerud won a silver slugger award during their careers.

image.thumb.png.15d41c52e168391441c17dc4ad5022d5.png

That’s crazy, I figured both of them would have.