Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

Today’s game is heavy on accomplishments. I now understand that the accomplishments don’t have to be in the same year. For example, the guy doesn’t have to hit .300 in his 30/30 season for it to count.

I got all nine. I was over 100. I had four squares at a combined 5.4%, but the other five were more popular.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Today’s game is heavy on accomplishments. I now understand that the accomplishments don’t have to be in the same year. For example, the guy doesn’t have to hit .300 in his 30/30 season for it to count.

I got all nine. I was over 100. I had four squares at a combined 5.4%, but the other five were more popular.

Yep, I was just over 100 too.

I now have a modest 2 day winning streak, as Jim Hunter would say.

Missed two, the first two Cardinals squares.  

Spoiler

Kenny Lofton, Rob Deer, Darryl Strawberry

Julio Franco, Juan Gonzalez, Brett Butler

Miss, miss, Albert Pujols

@Just RegularI leave the tab open sometimes and come back to it.  That's how I got 3 of my squares completed.  I'm finding less and less joy in this game and more annoyance though, lol. 

Also for some reason, I very rarely think of any pitchers.  I am not sure why that is.

Got 9/9, 101 today.

Spoiler

My favorite pull was John Lowenstein for Cle/Tex.  0.07%.   i'm often able to get Orioles as answers for two other teams, just because I know the Orioles' careers so well (example:   Rick Dempsey for LAD/Milw, and I did the same as @Just Regular the other day and had Zach Pop for Miami/Toronto.   And today I also used Andrew Miller for Detroit/St Louis.

I didn't want to waste too much time so I just did Pujols for SL/LA, which gave me 41 of my 101 rarity points.   I'm sure if I put more thought into it I could have found someone with fewer points.  But it was early on and I wasn't even sure I was going to finish.   If a grid looks easy I'll try to come up with rare answers but if I have my doubts I'll be able to finish anyway I'll put a 41% guy in a square if I think of him.

I was really stumped on Det/Cle, finally I pulled a guy I never saw play and who played most of his career before I was born, out of thin air... Rocky Colavito.  And looking at the list afterwards... there aren't too many obvious ones from my lifetime that have me kicking myself that I missed.    I mean Travis Fryman, I definitely remember him with both teams, but who the heck ever thinks of Travis Fryman?   Victor Martinez is probably the most obvious one I missed.

Edited by SteveA

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Missed two, the first two Cardinals squares.  

Reveal hidden contents

Kenny Lofton, Rob Deer, Darryl Strawberry

Julio Franco, Juan Gonzalez, Brett Butler

Miss, miss, Albert Pujols

@Just RegularI leave the tab open sometimes and come back to it.  That's how I got 3 of my squares completed.  I'm finding less and less joy in this game and more annoyance though, lol. 

Also for some reason, I very rarely think of any pitchers.  I am not sure why that is.

I’m at the point where once I get one wrong, I just start throwing bombs. I guessed Edwin Jackson in four different boxes today after missing one.  He was correct for the fourth one.  

• Upvote 1

9/9 today, 159 rarity score.  

Spoiler

Octavio Dotel, Luke Scott, Jeff Bagwell

Kirk McCaskill, Doug DeCinces, Troy Glaus

Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, Ken Griffey Jr.

I am shocked that Ken Griffey Jr. is only at 4% for the 500 homers/40 homer season box.  

For some reason the Angels/Orioles box made me hesitate.  DeCinces is a good one but so are Dylan Bundy, Don Aase (big time laughs when pulling his card as a kid and trying to say his last name) Don Baylor, Bemboom, Alex Cobb, Steve Finley, Dan Ford, Rene Gonzales, Bobby Grich, Vlad, Reggie Jackson, DOD, Bud Norris, Frank Robinson, Mark Trumbo and the immortal Odrisamer Despaigne.  

57 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Orioles column today. 6.1% total for those three squares.

I was surprised that the guy I picked for the 500 HR square got 9%.  My other two choices got 2% each.  

Hatefully, I put one of my other answers in the wrong square by mistake and got dinged.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was surprised that the guy I picked for the 500 HR square got 9%.  My other two choices got 2% each.  

Hatefully, I put one of my other answers in the wrong square by mistake and got dinged.  

The vast majority of 500 HR guys  are also 40 HR guys so a lot to choose from there.   (Eddie is an exception, not sure if there are any others).    I wouldn't expect any one to have a real high % because there are  bunch to choose from and they are all well known, premium guys. I went with Reggie Jackson and he was around 2%.   (Didn't feel the need to spoiler-hide this.   Anyone who can't come up with a 500/40 guy has no business trying the Grid!)

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The vast majority of 500 HR guys  are also 40 HR guys so a lot to choose from there.   (Eddie is an exception, not sure if there are any others).    I wouldn't expect any one to have a real high % because there are  bunch to choose from and they are all well known, premium guys. I went with Reggie Jackson and he was around 2%.   (Didn't feel the need to spoiler-hide this.   Anyone who can't come up with a 500/40 guy has no business trying the Grid!)

My O’s 500 guy was Thome, and I figured few would remember he ever played for the O’s.  

Edited by Frobby
C

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

My guy was Thome, and I figured few would remember he ever played for the O’s.  

Yes that was definitely the best guess for the 500/O's square.   I didn't think of him, I went with Raffy figuring he was less associated with the O's than Eddie or Frank.