Friday, July 7: Orioles at Twins, televised exclusively by AppleTV+

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Cedric Mullins is the player of the game. No doubt.

Can't argue that but what about the game Irvin pitched?  The sacrifice McCann laid down.  McCann getting the base stealer.  Hicks' sacrifice.  

The team did the baseball things right.  

Edited by Baltimorecuse
add info
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LA2 said:

What's worse is how inconsistent it's been--and the same guy made the idiotic interference call.

The interference call was objectively wrong.  Cowser's feet stayed on the line the entire time.  Technically they can call it if a single foot crosses the line but on the line is part of the lane.  It's only a subjective call if the runner is outside the lane, as in one foot is completely off the line on either side.

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, justD said:

Freakin Red Sox groupie.  She's good at her stuff but way too much love for Boston for my taste. 

Her big break was becoming the Red Sox sideline reporter for NESN. I guess old habits die hard. 

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Meanwhile, the first three quarters of a billion dollar payroll game in MLB history is 3-3 in the 5th inning.

The winner will raise their record to 42-46.

And are still wondering if they'll be buyers over the next few weeks....

41 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thinking ahead, Baker is our closer for tommorrow and Sunday.

You don't think Felix can come back for Sunday?  I'd send him out there.

Tangent, but I think a team like the Orioles who have 2 elite relievers should send them out for 2 inning saves on alternating days.  They would cover many more innings that way.  I know that in some circumstances you need to get them in for work, so there might be occasional days you can't do this.  But you still get 95-105 high leverage innings in 50-55 appearances.

2 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Can't argue that but what about the game Irvin pitched?  The sacrifice McCann laid down.  McCann getting the base stealer.  Hicks' sacrifice.  

The team did the baseball things right.  

I agree it was a good team win, but if it wasn't for Cedric making that amazing catch, Irvin would have been given a loss. The Twins would have scored 4 runs and the Orioles would have lost. Cedric's catch prevented a 3 run home run and saved the game.