Keith Law's Orioles draft report card

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

He explains that he hates giving out draft grades and thinks they are dumb.

Yeah, well, I think he's dumb for thinking it's dumb.  If you're going to opine on how well you think a team did or didn't do, might as well slap a grade on here.  And I like Keith Law, generally speaking but it's silly to call something a "report card" and then refuse to attach actual grades to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, well, I think he's dumb for thinking it's dumb.  If you're going to opine on how well you think a team did or didn't do, might as well slap a grade on here.  And I like Keith Law, generally speaking but it's silly to call something a "report card" and then refuse to attach actual grades to it.

To be fair, maybe he didn’t put the title on there.  Maybe The Athletic did to get clicks.

• Upvote 3

Pretty good summary that leads you to think the Orioles went very tool heavy. They appear to believe in their development system to be able to unlock these guys. 

Overall, I like what they did and figured this would be a very college heavy draft due to these being the COVID high school senior season college draft year. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Pretty good summary that leads you to think the Orioles went and very tool heavy. They appear to believe in their development system to be able to unlock these guys. 

Overall, I like what they did and figured this would be a very college heavy draft due to these being the COVID high school senior season college draft year. 

Get Witt signed and I think the potential of this draft is huge. Really like what they did overall. 

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Get Witt signed and I think the potential of this draft is huge. Really like what they did overall. 

Have to imagine Witt is the fall back if Jackson Baumeister wants too much. Other than that, unless he just wants to get his pro career started, I don't see where they will save enough to get him to his number that's probably pretty high due to where he fell.

I like that they went upside over production with most of the picks.  We can certainly afford to do that with all the talent currently in the organization.  No more drafting a Greiner just for need...

And I have to agree that Witt is a long shot; if he lasted until the 18th round he must have told teams it would take a very high number to get him signed.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

My elementary school tried this for a couple of years.  Kids would being home report cards with comments about their progress in various topics, but no grades.  It was a very late 1960’s thing to do.   The experiment didn’t last long.  I guess the parents needed something more concrete.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My elementary school tried this for a couple of years.  Kids would being home report cards with comments about their progress in various topics, but no grades.  It was a very late 1960’s thing to do.   The experiment didn’t last long.  I guess the parents needed something more concrete.   

Sounds like some touchy-feely BS that'd be popular today.  "Oh no, no grades, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings who didn't get an A!"

Ain't that right, @Sports Guy?

Edited by Moose Milligan
  • Haha 3