Update on the lease negotiations

Going Underground

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I WANT MY NAME ON THIS!!!!!!!!! 

What an asshole.

No matter what we do, knowing he is there to potentially sabotage everything really keeps you grounded.

Just an awful person to be the owner of your favorite team even if he has done some things we have all wanted for years.

2 hours ago, Orioles Jim said:

I’m hoping that the delay is that they’re going to unveil a truly ambitious (and awe-inspiring) revitalization plan for the surrounding area that will cause great excitement.

A guy can dream, can’t he?

More like a plan to put more money in Angelos' pockets.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No matter what we do, knowing he is there to potentially sabotage everything really keeps you grounded.

Just an awful person to be the owner of your favorite team even if he has done some things we have all wanted for years.

I am grateful for the decision to hire Elias & Sig and overhaul everything. So at least they're capable of making intelligent decisions. 

But petty stuff like this.... come on. It's embarrassing. 

That statement said a whole lot of nothing. A worthless political grand standing piece of dung that tells the fans nothing other than hopes and dreams of a politician and his Billionaire friend who together are trying to find out how much money and/or political capital they can make out of this situation. 

Thankfully the baseball operation side is good hands for now. Anytime you talk about anything other than the on field product and the minor league systems it's gets depressing. 

The issue is John Angelos who operates the Baltimore Orioles and MASN, but doesn't own either, is not a billionaire and is probably not that wealthy.  Peter Angelos still owns the Orioles and he is incapacitated.  It also appears the biggest part of Peter Angelos wealth left is just the value of the Orioles.  His law firm, where he earned his wealth, appears to be gone without him running it.  So that leaves the Orioles with just the earnings they generate from the team.  Where most sports owners like the Ravens owners and most else have wealth coming in from their other business.  They are not going to spend money until Peter Angelos is no longer with us.  I highly doubt John Angelos will be able to buy the Orioles from his father's estate and the Orioles will eventually have newer much more stable, at least financially, ownership.  When that happens is just not known.  I don't think owning a small market baseball team is a license to print money like owning any NFL team is.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

The issue is John Angelos who operates the Baltimore Orioles and MASN, but doesn't own either, is not a billionaire and is probably not that wealthy.  Peter Angelos still owns the Orioles and he is incapacitated.  It also appears the biggest part of Peter Angelos wealth left is just the value of the Orioles.  His law firm, where he earned his wealth, appears to be gone without him running it.  So that leaves the Orioles with just the earnings they generate from the team.  Where most sports owners like the Ravens owners and most else have wealth coming in from their other business.  They are not going to spend money until Peter Angelos is no longer with us.  I highly doubt John Angelos will be able to buy the Orioles from his father's estate and the Orioles will eventually have newer much more stable, at least financially, ownership.  When that happens is just not known.  I don't think owning a small market baseball team is a license to print money like owning any NFL team is.  

Peter had many properties that the family has sold over the last few years.How much income that generated I have no idea.