Friday, July 14: O's look to overcome City Connect jinx in post-ASG opener with surprising Marlins

SteveA

50 minutes ago, Goober Noodles said:

"You're talking about a very easy chance to take over the American League East" -Melanie Newman

Cringe.

I heard her talk about starting off the second half and it made me think about all the radio and TV people who seem to want to make it very clear that we're already past the halfway mark.  

I mean, semantics.  You get a break in the middle of the season, then start up again.  It's the second half. 

Why are they all up in arms about making sure not to say it?  (This is a rhetorical question.  I'm not really looking for explanations ;) )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• And that is the queue to look up his BABIP.
    • Trading Holliday could bring back just a number of good players from a number of selling teams.  As an example, if the Padres made Dylan Cease available and they wanted Holliday (though I doubt they would since they have no openings up the middle), the Padres would have to give up more than Cease I think.  It would cost them another player or two. But trading Holliday is silly.  Much better to trade Stowers, Norby and/or maybe Kjerstad, though I feel Elias will instead try to trade further down the prospect order.  
    • Trout to the Orioles doesn't make much sense but Trout to the Phillies does.  They need outfield help pretty badly and it's his hometown team.  
    • Grayson must really be disappointing people on this board. He specifically said he wasn’t hurting strikeouts and was good with early contact to keep the pitch count down. There are many on this board that claim this doesn’t work and strikeouts don’t up pitch counts despite what guys like Palmer say. The defense is that the data doesn’t support Palmer.  This is a data driven org and Grayson is saying this, the odds are very strong that it’s coming from the org and not Grayson just freestyling.       
    • Well, we already have Gunnar for 5 more years and Adley for 4.  So extending them is important but not going to negatively affect 2025.   I'd love to lock them up long term.  We can afford to do that and sign Soto.  That said, I'd only try to sign Soto if we have to trade our entire prospect roster.   I don't know if the Yankees can really afford to break the bank on Soto.  Even their money is finite and theyre already in the 4th tier AND they are paying the 3-year penalty.  They would be paying something crazy like 95 million a year on a 45 million deal.
    • You did not lose me at Holliday for Webb, But Jaun Soto? do you have any idea the cost, but no extension for Adley Or Gunner? And of course the Yankees would let us outbid them.
  • Popular Contributors