Friday, July 14: O's look to overcome City Connect jinx in post-ASG opener with surprising Marlins

SteveA

48 minutes ago, vab said:

Good God Jim Palmer has slowed down. This rain delay game is from only 7 years ago. He looks and sounds about 17 years older today. 

I noticed that on a replay of a John Means start the other night.  Just a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Something told me Hays was gonna swing at the first pitch and get out. 

Yeah, would have been nice to drive Alcantra up to 30 pitches that inning, but Hays gets the benefit of the doubt in my book right now.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

There's something to be said for the old pre-replay days.   Yeah, they got some wrong and one team got robbed.   But guess what, they still get some wrong, just not as many.

And when you hit a walkoff HR... the game was over.   You didn't have to wait out a replay to see if you really won and you could have a genuine immediate celebration.

I'm pretty sure karma used Jeffey Maier to set things right

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

It's fascinating to me that they can talk to anyone sitting anywhere all over the stadium. I wonder what goes into the technical side of things to make the headset work in such remote corners of the stadium.

I call people 10,000 miles away frequently. I think you're over thinking this. :)