Saturday afternoon July 22: Orioles send Greyson Rodriguez to the mound vs Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I get where you are coming from. It seems like from a mathematical it would be 3.67

It's just historically been the notation for about 100 years.   Probably because they needed to take up as little space as possible to get as much information as they could into a box score which occupied a tiny part of a newspaper page.

8 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Our old friend Shawn Armstrong is having a ridiculous year.

He's joined the Tampa Army of Clone Relievers.   They churn out 4 of 5 a year, get a couple great years out of them and then move on to other guys.   They just DFA'd Yonny Chirinos the other day.  No doubt they'll replace him with someone we never heard of who will put up a 2.82 ERA over the next 80 or 90 relief innings the next couple years.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

This is the inning where Grayson's wheels fall off...keep an eye on him..but his pitch count is low...thats a good sign...

I liked the fact that he wasn't airing it out at 99-100-101-102 in the 1st inning like last time.   

This first inning he had one fastball at 99+.

Last start his first 9 pitches were ALL 99+ and he ran out of gas badly 4 innings later.

Maybe by not overdoing it in the first he bought himself an extra inning on this end.

And I also think McCann is calling a great game.

• Upvote 1